Paleo Savory Breakfast Meatballs. The best Whole30 breakfast recipe with sweet potatoes and bacon! Freezer friendly grab-and-go Paleo Whole30 breakfast meatballs!
I love meatballs.
Then, it occurred to me why not make savory breakfast meatballs that are quick to make, good for batch cooking, and freezer friendly ?
One great thing about these yummy savory breakfast meatballs is its versatility. You can use either ground pork, chicken, turkey, or a combination. Choose your favorite fresh herbs, sweet potatoes, and make some delicious balls. 🙂
I want to mention that in the one-minute video below I used a combination of ground pork (80% lean, 20% fat) and ground chicken breast. If you use only ground chicken or turkey, it’s best to use a combination of breast and dark meat so that your meatballs will be more moist and tender.
I also added one secret ingredient to make these savory breakfast meatballs even more irresistible. Watch the 1-minute video below and share the recipe with your friends and family.
These savory breakfast meatballs will become one of your favorite breakfast food after one bite !
Paleo Savory Breakfast Meatballs are the best Whole30 breakfast recipe with sweet potatoes and bacon! Freezer friendly grab-and-go Paleo Whole30 breakfast!
- 1 ¾ lbs ground pork and ground chicken breast
- 8 oz garnet sweet potato 1 small
- 5-6 turkey bacon strips no sugar added
- 3 ½ tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs (e.g. rosemary, sage, oregano)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2.5 oz mushrooms chopped (I use shiitake today. Alt. cremini, portobello mushrooms).
- Preheat oven to 400/420 F.
- Peel the skin of sweet potato. Dice it to smaller chunks. Add a bit water to a microwave safe container. Nuke them until they are soft and mash. (Note: add a bit water to mash the sweet potato if it’s too dry).
- Slightly crisp up bacon strips. Chop them into smaller pieces.
- Mix ground pork/chicken with 3 ½ tbsp chopped fresh herbs, sweet potato mash, bacon pieces, and chopped mushrooms.
- Line a non-stick aluminum foil over a large/flat sheet pan and make about 22 meatballs (small golf size balls).
- Bake until they are golden brown and cooked through. Baking time about - 1st side: 16 mins. Flip them and bake 2nd side: 10 mins. To give the meatballs a golden brown color, turn oven to High broil for an additional 2 minutes.
- *Note: Once the meatballs are cool, put them in ziplock bag and store in the freezer. Reheat in the microwave in the morning for a quick and savory delicious breakfast !