Chinese Chicken and Broccoli (paleo, whole30, keto)
Chinese Chicken and Broccoli Recipe with tender chicken breasts and Whole30 chicken stir-fry sauce. If you love my Paleo Beef and Broccoli then I guarantee you’ll fall in love with this sister version of Paleo Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry. Serve with a bowl of steamed rice for gluten-free meal, cauliflower rice, or lightly sautéed zucchini noodles for low carb healthy dinner !
What’s easy to make ? You’ll fall in love with my Chinese Paleo Chicken and Broccoli!
About a year ago I shared a very popular recipe on my blog – Beef and Broccoli. My beef stir-fry recipe has become so popular on the net and since then many people have asked that I create a sister version for Chinese Paleo chicken and broccoli stir-fry.
This Paleo Chicken and Broccoli stir-fry is similar to my Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry but I adjusted the seasonings to make it more suitable for Chicken and Broccoli. There’s no fish sauce in my Paleo Chicken and Broccoli recipe and the chicken breasts are tender and juicy.
…But aren’t chicken breasts dry and flavorless ?
If you compare chicken breasts with chicken thighs, chicken breasts tend to have drier texture than the thighs. This is one big reason most chicken stir-fry recipes you see in Asia prefer using thigh meat (or a combination).
That being said, chicken breasts do give a cleaner taste and when done right they are great for quick sear just like the gorgeous golden brown color you see in the picture below.
Easy, Quick, and Efficient – Chinese Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Many people follow me on YouTube and Instagram love my quick sear technique using stainless steel skillet. I want to point out that Chinese stir-fry is usually done in a fairly quickly manner. The meat is thinly sliced, seasoned, and quickly seared in a well-heated wok or skillet by controlling the stove top temperature carefully. There’s no need to sear the meat piece-by-piece because stir-fries are meant to be quick. It’s different from grill or bbq.
Be sure to check out my blog post on how to stir-fry using a stainless steel skillet. You’ll see I use the same stir-fry technique in my Chicken Cabbage Stir-Fry, Mongolian beef featured in Whole30 Fast and Easy Cookbook, Mongolian Chicken, Whole30 Sesame Chicken, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Cashew Chicken, and Kung Pao Chicken.
And if you find my recipes and technique helpful, be sure to provide a link back to my blog or tag me if sharing on social media, I’d really appreciate it !
Also check out the seafood version with Shrimp and Broccoli in ginger garlic sauce. It’s super good!
So my friends this Paleo Chicken and Broccoli is –
Paleo, Whole30, and Keto
I guarantee you are gonna love this Chinese Chicken and Broccoli stir-fry made Paleo, Whole30, and Keto! Let me know how it goes! Leave a comment and rate the recipe. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #IHeartUmami on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with. XOXO !
Chinese Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry (Whole30, Keto)
For the Chinese Chicken and Broccoli Seasonings:
For the Stir-Fry Sauce:
- 4 large garlic cloves, thin sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 4 bulbs scallions, chopped and separate white + green parts
- 10 oz. broccoli florets, blanched
- Cooking fat of your choice, avocado oil or ghee
- Thin slice chicken breasts to about ¼ and ⅛ inch thin. Season with ingredients under ‘Chinese chicken and broccoli seasonings’. Mix well and set aside in the fridge while preparing other ingredients. Stir well ‘Stir-Fry Sauce’ until there are no lumps. Prepare garlic, ginger, and scallions. Hot water blanch or microwave broccoli florets for 1-2 minutes on high and set aside to cool/drain.
- In a well-heated large stainless steel skillet or cast iron, add 1.5 tbsp cooking fat. Sear the chicken breasts in one even layer in the skillet over medium-high heat without disturbing until they are in golden brown color (about 3-4 mins.) then use a fish spatula to flip and sear the flip side. The chicken should be almost cooked through before setting them aside along with the pan juice and oil in the skillet.
- Use the same skillet and add 1.5 tbsp cooking fat, saute garlic, ginger, and white parts of scallions over medium heat until fragrant. Season with a pinch of salt and stir fry frequently to prevent them from burning (about 8-10 seconds). Add chicken and broccoli florets to the skillet. Toss and stir the stir-fry sauce one more time before pouring it in the skillet . Toss and coat the sauce over chicken and broccoli until the sauce is slightly thickened (about 8 -10 seconds). Garnish with green parts of scallions and serve hot or in room temperature with cauliflower rice, steamed rice, or lightly sautéed zucchini noodles.
More Amazing Asian Stir-Fries Here (Paleo, Whole30, and Low Carb!)
- Thai Larb Recipe (Larb Moo)
- Thai Basil Chicken Recipe
- Chinese Sesame Chicken
- Paleo Orange Chicken
- Paleo Cashew Chicken
- Paleo Mongolian Beef
- Mongolian Chicken Recipe
- Ginger Chicken
- Chinese broccoli with oyster sauce
- Cumin Beef Stir-Fry with Roasted Butternut Squash
- Broccoli fried rice