Whole30 breakfast sausage with simple salsa plus egg-free options. This Whole30 breakfast recipe gives you easy Whole30 breakfast ideas and Whole30 compliant sausage brands. Healthy breakfast sausage recipe paired with freshing salsa to keep you full and feel balanced throughout the day!
I love having breakfast sausages in the morning however to find a Whole30 compliant breakfast sausage is not an easy task. Most breakfast sausages are sweetened with maple syrup. For my Paleo readers, sausages sweetened with maple syrup is totally okay however, if you are doing Whole30, added sweeteners is excluded from the 30 day reset.
I went directly to the Whole30 website to pull a list of Whole30 approved companies for you so we all can enjoy some simple and Whole30 compliant breakfast together if you are a sausage lover in the morning like me!
I narrow down a list of Whole30 approved vendors to Applegate and Pederson’s Farms because these are the two brands that I see a lot on the east coast (p.s. I live in NYC currently in case you are curious :). However, there are a lot more Whole30 compliant sausages. A simple google search will give you a ton of information.
If the sausage you find in the local stores is not on the Whole30 approved vendor lists, please double check the ingredients and make sure there are no Whole30 non-compliant additives.
Easy Whole30 Breakfast Sausage with Simple Salsa
I love waking up to warm and savory breakfast in the morning. You can easily make this Whole30 breakfast sausage recipe ahead of time and store them in the fridge up to 3 days ahead! I pair my Whole30 breakfast sausage with a super simple salsa to keep the taste buds light and refreshing.
If you make the breakfast ahead, store the salsa in a separate container and if your lunch box comes with separate compartments like mine, it’ll make things a whole lot easier. Just store the boxes in the fridge and grab-and-go in the morning. Awesome!
I intentionally made two different breakfast boxes to give you Whole30 breakfast ideas. If you are looking for an egg-free breakfast option, simply swap the scrambled eggs for avocado and mixed greens. The avocado contains awesome good fat and will keep you full longer.
Other Alternative Whole30 Compliant Sausages
In my personal experience, your local farmer’s market and butcher stores are a great way to find compliant sausages. I simply ask the butcher in the grocery stores for suggestions. Quite often, you might find new interesting flavors you love and in that case, store extras in the freezer for later use. :))
So my friends, this Whole30 breakfast sausage recipe with simple salsa is easy to prepare and can be made ahead. Nothing beats a warm and savory breakfast sausage and salsa in the morning!
If you give this recipe a try, be sure to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. It’ll help me and my blog tremendously. Thanks in advance!
Not a blog subscriber yet? Subscribe to I Heart Umami to get my 3-part video training on how to Make 10 Mouthwatering Paleo Meals in Under 10 Minutes Each. It’s amazing !
Whole30 breakfast sausage with simple salsa plus egg-free options. This Whole30 breakfast recipe gives you easy Whole30 breakfast ideas and Whole30 compliant sausage brands.
- 9 to 12 oz. Whole30 approved sausage or breakfast sausage (see notes for vendors)
- 2 large eggs per person , or swap for avocados and mixed greens of choice
- Avocado oil
- 2 medium roma tomatoes , finely chopped (alt. Persian mini cucumbers)
- 3 tbsp shallots , finely chopped
- 4 tbsp flat parsley or cilantro , finely chopped
- Lime juice to taste
- Coarse salt to taste
- Pan fry or bake the sausage until they are completely cooked through with avocado oil. Whisk together as many eggs as you need and cook over medium heat in a skillet until scrambled. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the tomatoes, shallots, and cilantro in a bowl. Squeeze the lime over top and sprinkle with the salt. Gently but thoroughly toss ingredients together. Chill for at least 30 minutes, or refrigerate for up to 3-4 days.
- Pack-to-go: Plate the eggs and sausage in one container and the salsa separately or swap eggs for avocado and mixed greens. The breakfast taste great in room temperature or warm.
For Whole30 approved and Whole30 compliant sausages: Applegate Whole30 approved sausages and products, Pederson’s Whole30 approved breakfast sausages and products, and refer to Whole30 website for a list of approved vendors in your local areas.