Healthy Shakshuka Recipe with soft poached eggs cooked on stovetop in buttery tomato sauce. Top with crispy bacon for an easy and healthy shakshuka recipe with meat. Whether you are cooking shakshuka for one or the whole family, everyone will enjoy this Paleo and Whole30 breakfast recipe !
Healthy Shakshuka Recipe – perfect way to use up leftover butter chicken sauce
The other day I shared a 10-minute Instant Pot Butter Chicken recipe. I intentionally made more butter chicken sauce so that I can turn it into Healthy Shakshuka Recipe for breakfast !
I add cubed sweet potatoes, shallots for aroma, and top it with crispy bacon for some lovely salty crunch. The sauce is from my Instant Pot Butter Chicken. You can also add some chicken to shakshuka from a quick and healthy shakshuka recipe with meat if you like !
Healthy shakshuka recipe is a one-skillet dish with soft poached eggs in butter chicken sauce. I cook mine over stovetop with a lid so the eggs are half simmered and half poached until the egg white are just about set and the yolks are still soft and runny.
Since we aren’t using any added sugar and the tomato butter sauce is Whole30 friendly. This one-skillet healthy shakshuka recipe hits all the hallmark: protein, low carb, and it will keep you full longer. If you like, serve it with a side of salad for a complete healthy breakfast or light supper.
So my friends this Healthy Shakshuka Recipe is –
- Great way to use up Butter Chicken sauce
- Paleo, Whole30, and gluten-free
- & absolutely delicious !
If you give this Healthy Shakshuka Rice a try, let me know ! Leave a comment and rate the recipe. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #IHeartUmami on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with. XOXO !
Healthy Shakshuka Recipe with soft poached eggs cooked on stovetop in buttery tomato sauce. Top with crispy bacon for an easy and healthy shakshuka recipe with meat. Whether you are cooking shakshuka for one or the whole family, everyone will enjoy this Paleo and Whole30 breakfast recipe ! The recipe quantity is based on a 9-inch cast iron skillet.
- 1 cup + diced yams or sweet potatoes , dice to small cube shape
- 1 large shallot , chopped
- 1 ¼ cups butter chicken sauce
- 3 to 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro garnish
- In a well-heated skillet, saute cubed yams with 1.5 tbsp cooking fat of your choice over medium-high heat . Saute until they’re browned and turn softer. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add shallots, keep sauting until the shallots turn translucent color.
- In the meantime, crisp up the bacon in a separate skillet and set aside to cool.
- Spread out the cubed yams in one layer over the skillet. Add butter chicken sauce. Distribute the sauce evenly.* Slightly warm up the sauce over low heat for about 1-2 minutes. Stir occasionally. Make 3-4 wells and crack the eggs one at a time directly over each well and over the butter sauce mixture, making sure to space them evenly over the sauce.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and cook over low heat until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still soft and little runny (about 6-7 minutes). Keep an eye on the skillet to make sure that the sauce doesn't reduce too much, which can lead to burning.
- Serve in room temperature with crispy bacon and garnish with cilantro.
* For larger size skillet, please adjust butter chicken sauce quantity.
Also check out my Scalloped Potato Frittata, Zucchini Carrot Fritters, Breakfast Meatballs, Creamy Paleo Grits, Sausage and Mushroom Grits, Whole30 Breakfast Sandwiches, Paleo Shakshuka made from scratch, and Paleo Oatmeal.