Easy Keto Ground Beef Recipe with Worcestershire Sauce
Easy keto ground beef recipe is made with a few pantry ingredients and Inspired by beef stroganoff. With only 8 grams of carb, this dish is savory, sweet, and tangy. It’s affordable and easily freezable, making it the perfect budget friendly and healthy meal when you want it fast and easy!
Easy Keto Ground Beef Recipe with Pantry Staples
What dish can you make when you have a pound of ground beef in the fridge and a few pantry staples? How about a stroganoff-inspired Easy keto ground beef recipe with sweet onions and worcestershire sauce for that rich burger flavor we all love. 🙂
Even though this quick-fix and budget friendly recipe might not come off glamorous, it’s simple and easy to make and the flavor is EXCELLENT! Chances are you’ll already have a couple seasonings in your pantry. Let me show you how to easily create a healthy and delicious meal even if your pantry is a little bare!
Paleo worcestershire sauce
If you don’t have store bought worcestershire sauce in your pantry, no worry! It’s easy to make your own with just a handful of seasonings and let me tell you that the homemade version is so much healthier, too!
Simply mix beef or chicken stock with tomato paste or ketchup, coconut aminos or gluten-free soy sauce, garlic, onion, cinnamon, mustard powder, and salt and pepper to taste. See, easy!
Can you swap ground beef for ground chicken?
Yes! Absolutely! You can still make this dish using ground chicken or turkey. Ideally, use 50% breast and 50% dark meat so your meat sauce will be moist, juicy, and flavorful.
Can you eat ground beef on a low carb keto diet?
Yes! In fact, it’s easy to make this ground beef recipe low carb or keto. For people who want more good fat, stir-in sour cream or dairy-free yogurt in the end. For people who prefer low carb, simply skip the yogurt or sour cream.
Here are some of my low carb ground beef recipes
- Whole30 Korean beef bowl
- Keto Bulgogi Sushi Rolls
- Paleo Asian Meatballs
- Thai Larb (Thai minced meat and herb salad)
- Instant Pot Taiwanese meat sauce
- Japanese hamburger steak
How to make Keto Ground Beef Recipe with Variety
- Try adding mushrooms like baby bella or cremini.
- Don’t like mushrooms? Add frozen vegetables like peas and carrots for extra veggie!
- Want it creamy? Add sour cream or dairy-free yogurt to the sauce!
Can you make this easy ground beef recipe ahead?
Yes! Absolutely! Simply add all the uncooked/raw ingredients, including the sauce, to a freezer friendly bag. Store it flat until solid. To cook, no need to defrost. Cook it over medium heat on a stovetop until the beef is cooked through and breaked up to fine bites.
How to store the cooked ground beef and sauce?
Store the cooked beef and sauce in a glass container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You can also portion it out to lunch boxes. If pairing it with cauliflower rice, finish the boxes within 3 days.
More keto dinner ideas
- Paleo Chicken Katsu
- Whole30 Breakfast Meatballs
- Stir-Fried Beef In Oyster Sauce
- Chicken Yakitori Skewers
- Mongolian Chicken Recipe
- Shrimp and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon Tahini Sauce
- Chinese Broccoli with Vegetarian Oyster Sauce
- Whole30 Mongolian Beef
- Keto Potstickers
- 25 Low Carb Meal Prep Ideas
- More Keto recipes here
Easy Keto Ground Beef Recipe (Paleo, Whole30, Low carb)
For the ground beef:
- 4 oz. yellow onion, sliced, about half of one large onion
- 5 oz. cremini or baby bella mushrooms, sliced, optional
- 1 to 1.5 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef, alt. ground chicken or turkey
- Coarse salt and pepper, to taste
- ⅔ cup frozen peas and carrots, or any frozen veggies, optional
- 1-2 tbsp ketchup
For the Paleo Worcestershire Sauce (Makes 1 cup):
- ½ cup beef or chicken stock
- 3 tbsp tomato paste or ketchup
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- ¼ tsp each garlic, onion, and mustard powder
- ⅛ tsp each coarse sea salt, black pepper, and cinnamon powder
- Slice the onion and mushrooms, if using.
- To make Paleo worcestershire sauce – In a large measuring cup, combine ingredients from stock to cinnamon powder. Stir-well and set aside ready to use.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp oil. Saute the onion with a pinch of salt until it sweats a bit, about 2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and season with 2 pinches of salt and pepper. Cook over medium to medium-high heat with a wooden spoon to break up the meat to fine bits, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and/or frozen vegetables with ⅔ cup of the worcestershire sauce. You can also use 1 cup of the sauce if you prefer more saucy.
- Mix and stir to distribute it evenly. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer with a lid on about 3 to 4 minutes. Remember to stir the pot and scrape the bottom periodically to ensure nothing is stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Stir and mix-in ketchup. Taste test to add more salt or pepper, if desired. Aim on the less salty side as the flavor will come through further once the sauce turns cooler.
- Serve with spaghetti noodles. low carb noodles, rice, or roasted sweet potatoes. Serve hot or warm.
- Cooked ahead – Store the cooked beef and sauce in a glass container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Assemble now/cook later – Add all the uncooked/raw ingredients, including the sauce, to a freezer friendly bag. Store it flat until solid. To cook, no need to defrost. Cook it over medium heat on a stovetop until the beef is cooked through and breaked up to fine bites.