Freezer friendly green curry chicken.
I have to admit it: This is the first recipe I’ve written for freezer meals.
I haven’t been a fan of freezer meals until now.
Maybe because the store-bought version has ruined it for me.
Let’s be honest: some foods just don’t taste the same after they’re frozen. That all changed, though, when I met this Freezer friendly green curry chicken.
I added a super simple yet special “enhancer” to make this homemade and freezer friendly green curry chicken even more flavorful.
Ever since then, I can’t make another bowl of green curry without this homemade flavor enhancer – I called it “my green curry flavor booster”.
In the video, I also show you the right way to freeze the curry so you won’t be eating soggy and dry tasting food like those frozen TV dinner meals.
The video is too good to pass by without watching it. It will change the way you make and eat curry next time and hey, it might just change your life too!
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breast slice to bite sizes
- 14 oz full-fat coconut milk no sugar added, 1 can
- 1 medium size Italian eggplant dice to smaller chunks (alt. Chinese eggplant)
- 2 heaping tsp store-bought green curry paste I use Thai Kitchen brand this time
- Frozen veggies of your choice (diced carrots artichokes...etc./ select frozen veggies that can be easily cooked through microwave).
- Coconut oil saute use
- Lime zest and basil before serving
- 5 cloves garlic
- Half one whole shallot
- 1 ½ tbsp sliced fresh ginger
- 1 cup cilantro include roots if possible
- 2-3 serrano green chilies remove seeds
- Half one whole lime zest
- Half one whole lime juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cube the eggplants. Heat 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil in a saute pan over high heat, sear and blister the eggplants until they turn soft but not mushy. Season with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients under “my curry flavor booster” into a food chopper or processor. Blend until smooth. Set the paste aside.
- Heat a large saute pan or wok with 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil over medium-high heat, when hot, add 2 heaping tsp store-bought green curry paste + 3 ½ heaping tbsp curry flavor booster from the previous step. Keep stirring and stir-frying the paste until fragrant but not burned (about 2 mins).
- Turn high heat, add sliced chicken breast. Stir-fry the chicken with the curry paste for a few seconds until the chicken starts turning to white color.
- Add 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk. Give it a quick stir and cover the pan with a lid and bring to boil.
- After boiling, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Stir the pan periodically to make sure nothing is stick to the bottom.
- Add eggplant, frozen veggies, and simmer for an additional few minutes until the veggies turn softer. Taste and see if more salt or fish sauce is needed.
- Before serving, add lime zest and basil.
For frozen meal prep - Stop after Step 6. Let cool and then store the curry in individualized serving container. Sprinkle eggplants and frozen veggies on top of curry and freeze. Make sure the chicken is covered with curry sauce so it won’t taste dry after reheated in a microwave.
Sharing is loving and if you’d like to use an image and/or a recipe from my site for your own blog and/or business, please send me an email requesting permission and make sure to include a link back to my original post. All photos and recipes in this blog are © 8020 creative LLC unless stated otherwise.