Paleo Broccoli Fried Rice
Easy Paleo Broccoli Fried Rice is the perfect side dish and a great alternative for cauliflower fried rice. This broccoli rice recipe goes well with any savory main dishes. It’s the easiest way to add more vegetables to your meal!
Paleo Broccoli Fried Rice – really easy!
Tired of cauliflower fried rice or looking for a low carb fried rice alternative? This Riced Broccoli recipe takes 3 minutes skillet time and goes well with any savory toppings. If you are looking for a broccoli rice recipe idea, definitely don’t miss it!
I first saw riced broccoli at my local WholeFoods. I was immediately drawn to the gorgeous green color. The store bought version is convenient and quick however, you can make Broccoli rice at home easily!
How to make riced broccoli
Pulse the broccoli florets a few times in a food processor until they become rice grain size. If use Broccoli stems, roughly chop them to cubes before tossing in the processor. You might need to scrap the bowl a few times to get even rice grain size.
How to cook riced broccoli
Like an cruciferous vegetables, broccoli has an unpleasant smell that once sautéed will become less noticeable. Keep the seasonings simple and neutral and sauté for about 3 minutes until the broccoli rice turn bright green color with some bite but not mushy.
I like to season my Paleo Broccoli Fried Rice with almond slices, scallions, and drizzle with some lime juice to brighten the flavor. It brings a lovely tropical-ish flavor and goes well with any savory main dishes.
What to eat with broccoli rice
I pair mine with seared scallops and shrimp for a light and quick meal. The riced broccoli also goes well with steak and chicken. You can also enjoy the broccoli rice as a stand alone piece. The neural flavor makes it easy for pairing.
Broccoli instead of rice
If you are looking for a new way to incorporate broccoli to your meals, definitely give this Paleo Broccoli Fried Rice a try! Please rate the recipe and tag @iheartumami.ny on Instagram. I’d love to see your lovely creations!
Paleo Broccoli Fried Rice (Whole30, Keto)
- 4 cups riced broccoli, ,about 2 heads of broccoli
- 1 tbsp ghee, or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp Coconut aminos
- 1.5 tsp Toasted sesame oil
- ¼ to ½ tsp coarse salt or to taste
- ¼ - ½ tsp grated frozen ginger, ,see notes
- Quarter of one whole lime juice + more for serving
- 2 bulbs scallions, ,chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley, ,optional
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds, ,as much as you like (optional)
- 8-10 fresh scallops
- ½ lb medium size shrimp, ,peeled and uncooked
- ¼ tsp coarse salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- In a well heated skillet, add 1 tbsp ghee. Sauté the riced broccoli with finely chopped garlic for 1 min. Season the riced broccoli with coconut aminos, toasted sesame oil, and coarse salt. Sauté for an additional 2 mins. The broccoli should be cooked until bright green color with some bite and not mushy.
- Turn off the heat and while the broccoli rice is still warm grate roughly ½ tsp frozen ginger over the rice. Season with lime juice.
- Garnish with scallions, cilantro, and sliced almonds. Serve with extra lime wedges on the side.
- Optional: If serve with scallops and/or shrimp, pat them dry. Lightly season with black pepper and salt. Pan fry scallops with 2 tbsp ghee about 3 minutes per side over medium heat. Set aside over a plat, cover and keep warm. Use the same skillet and the remainder of the oil to pan fry shrimp until they curl up and turn pink color (about 2-3 mins). Serve the scallops and shrimp over broccoli fried rice.