The Best Paleo Thai Creamy Coconut Milk Meatballs filled with fresh herbs and coconut cream in my homemade simple curry sauce. You are going to LOVE this creamy delicious meatball recipe. Don’t miss it !!
I love experimenting with food. Adding different seasonings to make flavor pop, switching exotic ingredients to something everyone can buy, or trying out shortcuts to make food more delicious and simpler to make.
These Creamy coconut milk meatballs combine western and eastern influence.
My mom probably will say these creamy coconut milk meatballs are an westernized dish but I’d say it’s an interpretation of my life, experience, and culture, living across two different continents of the world.
The meatballs are juicy, savory, and soft, paired perfectly with a creamy and luscious sauce. Hmm…Perfect comfort food after a long day’s work.
Both the sauce and the meatballs can be made a day ahead and stored separately in airtight glass containers. Just reheat and serve with a side salad.
The texture of the meatballs is meant to be soft and contain slightly more liquid. Once you bake them, they will firm up a bit and remain soft and creamy inside. 🙂
Be sure to watch the cooking demo below where I share how you can personalize the recipe to your liking. These creamy coconut milk meatballs are bound to be one of your family’s favorites.
Paleo Creamy Coconut Milk Meatballs! Delicious and juicy meatballs covered in rich and creamy coconut cream with a hint of red curry flavor. Paleo and Whole30 friendly.
- 2 lbs ground chicken (50 % breast, 50% thigh) or turkey, lamb, veal
- Lime juice
- Cilantro for garnish
- ¾ cup cilantro
- 2 small shallots
- ¾ cup diced carrots
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- ½ tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 14 oz full-fat coconut milk 1 can
- 1 tbsp red curry paste I use Thai Kitchen
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste no sugar added
- ¼ tsp ground coriander powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- Bend the first 5 ingredients listed under "meatball seasonings" in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the rest of meatball seasonings and blend well.
- Pre-heat oven to 410/420 F. LIne a non-stick aluminum foil over a large sheet pan. Mix ground meat with the seasonings from Step 1. Mix well and form golf ball size meatballs (about 20 meatballs). Bake first side 20 minutes and flip side 15 minutes or until the meatballs are completely cooked through.
- In the meantime, mix ingredients under “sauce”. Slow simmer over medium-low heat. Keep stirring the sauce until everything is combined and reduced to a thicker sauce (similar to tomato soup texture). Taste and see if more salt, tomato paste, or red curry paste is needed. * keep stirring the sauce to prevent it from burning in the bottom.
- Once the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce is thickened, add the meatballs back to the sauce. Simmer for another 3 minutes. Coat the sauce over meatballs. Drizzle with lime juice and garnish with cilantro leaves before serving.