No Churn Black Sesame Coconut Milk Ice Cream, made with maple syrup and is creamy delicious. This vegan friendly black sesame ice cream tastes nutty milky delicious. Best of all it’s no churn and simple to make!
Black Sesame Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Black sesame ice cream is a really popular ice cream flavor in Japan, Taiwan, and China. It tastes nutty and milky delicious no wonder it’s a popular dessert served in many Japanese restaurants.
What is black sesame paste (AKA black tahini)
Black sesame paste is made from toasted black sesame seeds. It’s very easy to make the sesame paste at home. If the sesame seeds are raw, lightly warm up the seeds in a skillet over stovetop for a few minutes will make them extra fragrant.
- Blend the toasted black sesame seeds in a small 4-cup work bowl for about 2 minutes or until the seeds are very finely grind and become sticky.
- Further blend with maple syrup and in less than 1 minute you’ll have the most flavorful black sesame paste.
Healthy and Fun Sweets for Halloween (Adults and Kids friendly)
To deepen the color of the Black Sesame Coconut Milk Ice Cream, I added a few sprinkles of activated coconut charcoal powder. This ingredient is completely optional. If you are interested to give the ice cream a more goth look, coconut charcoal powder will deepen the color and makes it halloween perfect!
How to make no churn nice cream
When I did a brief instagram survey with my followers, more than 50% of people don’t have an ice cream machine at home. There are many ways to make no churn ice cream (or nice cream) and I found the easiest way to make it creamy rich is by whipping and stirring the batter every 15-20 minutes until you reach a soft serve consistency. For the size of my container it took me about 2 hours. The result is absolutely milky nutty delicious!
Optional topping – Strawberry Compote
Since this Black Sesame Coconut Milk Ice Cream recipe is published around halloween, I decided to make the ice cream decor a bit spooky looking. The sweet and tart flavor of strawberry compote actually gives a nice flavor balance to the maple flavored black sesame. It’s sweet, tart, and creamy delicious!
So my dear readers, this Black Sesame Coconut Milk Ice Cream is –
& Creamy delicious!
If you give this Black Sesame Coconut Milk Ice Cream a try, be sure to leave a comment below and rate the recipe. It will help me and my blog tremendously! Thanks so much in advance.
Want to incorporate more healthy and easy recipes to your daily meal? Subscribe to my blog to learn how to make 10 delicious Paleo meals in less than 10 minutes each.
No Churn Black Sesame Coconut Milk Ice Cream, made with maple syrup and is creamy delicious. This vegan friendly black sesame ice cream tastes nutty milky delicious. Best of all it’s no churn and simple to make! Store in freezer for about 2 hrs.
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender for about 1 minute or until creamy smooth.
- Pour into a metal bowl or freezer safe container. Distribute the batter evenly and smooth the surface. Cover the bowl and store in the freezer. Stir with a silicone spatula every 15-20 minutes to prevent ice crystals from forming. The ice cream will become more firm after about 2 hours. For best texture, eat within the same day.
How to make black sesame paste (homemade version, makes about ½ cup):
- ½ cup toasted black sesame seeds
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Blend the seeds in a small 4-cup work bowl for about 2 minutes until the seeds secrete some oil and become sticky. You’ll need to scrap the bowl a few times.
- Add maple syrup. Blend additional 30 seconds to 1 minute. Scrap the bowl as needed until it becomes a smooth paste.
For darker color goth black sesame ice cream: add 1,000mg active charcoal powder to the blender. You won’t taste the charcoal flavor. I use 2 capsules (500mg/capsule) Bulletproof coconut charcoal.
Love healthy sweets? Also check out my Keto Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Crepes, Blueberry Lemon JamThumbprint Cookies, Korean Purple Yam Latte, Paleo Pumpkin Protein Muffins, Easy Strawberry Chia Pudding, and Vietnamese Banana Coconut Tapioca Pudding.