Paleo Hot Chocolate
Thick creamy Keto Paleo Hot Chocolate is inspired by Italian style hot chocolate with dairy-free almond or coconut milk and healthy cacao chocolate. Low carb and easy to make for everyday indulgence!
Paleo Hot Chocolate (Keto, Vegan, Rich, Creamy, Dairy-Free)
Whenever the weather starts getting cold, tea and any hot beverages are my go-to drinks. It just so happened that I’m a big dark chocolate lover so creamy hot chocolate becomes one of my favorites drinks for the holiday season.
Years ago when I traveled to Italy, I fell in love with the Italian-style hot chocolate. It’s often served in a tiny espresso cup and the chocolate is rich, thick, and creamy.
Today’s Keto Hot Chocolate Version is made with 100% unsweetened dark chocolate so it needs to be balanced with sweetener. I love maple syrup with dark chocolate. It gives a nice deep rich flavor when combining the two together. And of course, feel free to use any Keto friendly sweetener, too.
How do you make Paleo Hot Chocolate?
- 1 cup dairy-free milk (almond, coconut, or any dairy-free milk)
- 3 tbsp coconut milk cream
- 1.5 to 2 oz unsweetened dark chocolate (or semi-sweet chocolate)
- ⅛ tsp vanilla extract or bean powder
- Pinch of himalayan pink salt (or coarse sea salt)
- Sweetener to taste (maple syrup, honey, or any keto sweeteners)
It’s easy to create different hot chocolate flavor variety. You can add a small drop of mint extract to make it minty. Instead of adding whipped cream to my rich chocolate drink, I simply dusted it with a bit cacao powder, added a bit more dairy-free coffee creamer, and garnish with a mint leaf. I think it’s quite cute looking this way. Don’t you think?
Chocolate chunks melt quite quickly over stovetop yet in the meantime they clump with each other easily. Make sure to whisk often and slow simmer so that all the beautiful ingredients can be melted in one harmony.
So my friends this Paleo Hot Chocolate is
Paleo, Keto, Vegan
Uses real chocolate
And you can decide the level of sweetness you like!
If you give this Paleo Hot Chocolate a try, be sure to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. It’ll help me and my blog tremendously.
Also hit the share button and save to as many Pinterest boards as you like! The more share the greater the people will see my content and that in return helps my blog grow. So it might seem no big deal to you but every single little share counts. A big thanks in advance !! Xoxo !
Paleo Hot Chocolate (Keto, Low carb, Dairy-free, Vegan)
Paleo Hot Chocolate Ingredients:
- Full fat coconut milk or dairy-free coffee creamer
- Cacao powder for dusting
- Mint leaves
- Add milk, coconut milk cream, chocolate, and vanilla to a medium size pot. Simmer over medium-low heat for about 7-10 minutes, stir often until the chocolate is completely melted. Add sweetener of choice and salt to taste. Stir and keep simmering until your desired consistency.
- Optional. Dust with cacao powder, stir-in dairy-free coffee creamer, and garnish with mint leaves.
Love chocolate? Me too! Also check out my Dark Chocolate Olive Oil Bundt Cake, Keto Chocolate Almond Butter Crepes, Chocolate Goji Berry Cookies, Pumpkin protein muffins with chocolate frosting, and many more to come!