Whole30 Golden Turmeric Milk (hot or iced)
Dairy and caffeine free Whole30 Golden Turmeric Milk recipe. This frothy creamy delicious beverage is anti-inflammatory, fights colds, and with no added sugar. Good for hot or iced cold beverage. Paleo Whole30 Keto and Vegan friendly.
Whole30 Golden Turmeric Milk
This recipe was first appeared on Whole30recipes social media channel during my guest post week in January 2018.
I omitted adding any sweeteners (including dates) to make the beverage Whole30 compliant. I was so happy to receive the official go-ahead from Whole30 before sharing this recipe on their channel.
Because turmeric is fat-soluble, coconut oil helps our bodies to absorb. Black pepper also makes the curcumin in turmeric more bio available so don’t skip these two ingredients !
I used a milk frother to make my Whole30 Golden Turmeric Milk extra frothy smooth but a few extra whisk will do the same trick.
In the recipe below I used both light coconut milk from a can and almond milk to create a more complex flavor. If you are short on ingredients use only coconut milk. And if you want a lighter taste, coconut milk from a milk carton will give you a lighter flavor.
Hot and cold
Since this Whole30 Golden Turmeric Milk recipe was first shared in January, I made it a hot beverage. But it’s great for cold drinks too. Just pour it over a cup of ice cubes for a lovely iced cold Golden Turmeric Milk in hot summer !
This creamy delicious Whole30 Golden Turmeric Milk is :
Paleo, Whole30, Vegan, and Keto friendly.
Anti-inflammatory, fight colds, plus many more.
If you give this Whole30 Golden Turmeric Milk a try, let me know ! Leave a comment and rate the recipe. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #IHeartUmami on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with. XOXO !
Whole30 Golden Turmeric Milk (Hot or Iced)
- 1 cup light coconut milk, from a can
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp ground ginger powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ground black pepper, 1 small pinch
- (Optional) half of one whole dates, pitted, , omit if Whole30 or Keto
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan. Whisk and warm over medium heat. Gently warm the milk but not boiling - about 5-6 minutes. Whisk frequently. Add more turmeric or ginger to taste for stronger flavor. Drain the ingredients over a sieve. Froth the milk with a milk frother (optional).
- To serve: Winter: serve hot and immediately. Summer: let the milk cool to room temperature and serve it chilled over ice.
- To store: Once the milk is cool to room temperature, refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- This Whole30 Golden Turmeric Milk recipe has more earthy taste. if, however, you aren't following Whole30 or Keto and prefer a slightly sweeter taste, add half of one whole date in step 1 to sweeten the milk a bit.
- The nutrition calculation is based on 1 serving without the dates (sweetener).
FOLLOW I HEART UMAMI ON INSTAGRAM and show us what you’re cooking in your kitchen !
Tag @Iheartumami.ny and hashtag #IHeartUmami