Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Crepes
Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Crepes ! Paleo Crepes filled with dark cacao flavored almond butter. Hmm~~ out of this world!
These Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Crepes are creamy and smooth, filled with rich and dark cacao flavored almond butter. Perfect for both valentine’s day and everyday indulgence.
Watch how to make this ridiculously easy and sinfully delicious Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Crepes !
Perfect Valentine’s Day recipe for your loved one or ones 🙂
If you’ve followed my blog for some time, you know that I spend most of my efforts on writing main and savory dishes because that’s what I believe the majority of us need the most help with in everyday life.
But occasionally when I do find a good occasion to make other things, my first choice has always been CHOCOLATE !
Well, I should probably say raw cacao powder !
These Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Crepes hit all the right notes – milky, soft, creamy, slightly bitter, and a tiny hint of sweetness (if you dress them up with maple syrup or fruits).
But for my husband and me, it’s simply perfect to eat them alone without any toppings.
Eat More Cacao !
These Crepes are completely dairy free and because they are Paleo (including the filling) you won’t feel bloated or “weighed-down”.
According to DailySupperFoodLove.com, raw cacao powder has “nearly four times the antioxidant content of regular processed dark chocolate”. It can help you shed fat and prevent premature aging.
Plus, it tastes delicious when you combine it with almond butter as my recipe shows you how to do below !
The Simplest Way To Make Ahead My Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Crepes
You can make the batter a day ahead and store it in a glass, airtight container. The batter will get slightly thickened after sitting in the fridge, so thin it with full fat coconut milk, 1 tablespoon a time until you reach your desired consistency before making the crepes.
I like to make my crepes in larger batches. After they cool down to room temperature, store them flat in large zip lock bags with wax paper between each of the layers.
Just pop them back to microwave for 15 seconds and you’ll have delicious Paleo Crepes in no time.
What about Dark and Rich Cacao flavored Almond Butter ?
Well, I don’t want to say this but it tastes damn like nutella, only without the sweeteners and junk oil.
There are numerous recipes online that show you how to make Paleo nutella with roasted hazelnuts but hey I think I’ve found a simpler way to get that rich, smooth, and dark chocolatey flavor without jumping through the hoops to roast, peel, and grind the nuts at home.
So what are you waiting for ?
PIN the recipe with my gorgeous Pinterest pin below and SHARE the recipe with your loved ones.
Either way you have no excuse not to devour these sinfully delicious and oh so good for you Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Crepes !
Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Crepes
Paleo Chocolate (Raw Cacao) Almond Butter Spread:
- 4 tbsp unsweetened and unsalted almond butter, (either chunky or smooth), Stir-well
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder, (use 1 ¼ tsp for stronger bitter chocolate taste)
- 6 tbsp full-fat coconut milk from a can, (For thinner batter, add ½ to 1 tbsp coconut milk a time until desired consistency)
- Small pinch of fine sea salt
- Whisk and stir all ingredients under “Paleo Crepes” in a large mixing bowl until there are no lumps. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a cast iron skillet or non-stick skillet over medium heat. When hot, lower the heat to medium-low, whisk the batter again for an additional 10 seconds.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the pan. Quickly and gently swirl the pan around so that the batter coats the entire pan evenly. Cook about 1-minute or until the edges start to crisp. Carefully flip and cook the flip side about 30 seconds. Transfer to a cooling rack and repeat with the remaining batter.
Chocolate (raw cacao) almond butter:
- Combine/stir almond butter, cacao powder, coconut milk, and pinch of fine sea salt until creamy and smoothly. Taste and adjust to your own liking.