Green Curry Chicken
This is the 5th curry post I am writing on the blog.
I think I’m definitely turning into a curry queen. :))
I mean ……How can you get bored when there are endless variety of curries – from India, Malaysia, Thai, Vietnam, Japan …….etc.
Curry stews tend to require less prep time and they usually taste better the day after.. Hmm…..yum yum. 🙂
Although I’ve never tried freezing a pot of curry in separate batches, I can definitely guarantee you that homemade frozen curry meals are way way better than store bought ones.
You will feel more full and you have total control of the ingredients and sauce.
One of my readers ask what I usually eat with curry. It depends on your personal body intolerance and dietary needs.
Mashed sweet potato, baked yams, spaghetti squash, leafy greens, or even a few spoonful of steamed white rice are my usual go-to suspects.
The secret shortcut I found for this green curry recipe is to use a few teaspoons (about 2 to 3 tsp) of green curry paste from the Thai Kitchen. And of course, a good can of full-fat coconut milk cream.
So if you are running out of time or looking for a semi-homemade recipe, this Thai green curry might just be your favorite go-to star !
Green Curry ChickenPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 can, about 14 oz full-fatcoconut milk cream
- 1 ½ lb Chicken breast, sliced into thinner and smaller pieces
- ½ white onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tsp dry chilli pepper, optional
- 1 cup chopped zucchinis
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup Thai eggplants (or Asian eggplants)
- 1 cup mixed green and red bell peppers
- ¼ cup chopped, Thai basil leaves
- 3 tsp green curry paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce, optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat in a large sauce pan. When it smokes slightly, add sliced garlic, onion, dry chilli pepper (optional) with a few pinches of sea salt to fragrant the oil. (about 30 seconds)
- Add sliced chicken breast. Season with more sea salt and black pepper. Stir with a wooden spoon until the meat turns white and slightly cooked through.
- Add 1 can of coconut milk, 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional), 3 tsp green curry paste, and chopped carrots. Give it another stir and lower the heat to medium/ medium-low. Cover with a lid and cook until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add the rest of veggies - zucchinis, eggplants, bell peppers - and continue to cook until the eggplants turn soft but not mushy.
- Taste the broth and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Once everything is cooked, turn off the heat and let the meat rest and soak in green curry broth to absorb the flavor.
- Reheat the pot when you are ready to eat and serve with your favorite leafy greens, spaghetti squash or white rice.