Paleo Banana Coconut Tapioca Puddings ! This is a famous Thai tapioca pudding dessert and I made it Paleo friendly !
Do you know that this famous dessert – Banana Coconut Tapioca Pudding – originally comes from Thailand?
Judging by how many smoothie bowls you’re probably seeing at the sidebar of this post, you’ve probably guessed how much I love these healthy breakfast/dessert/snack recipes.
The texture of this banana coconut pudding actually reminds me of porridge but in a naturally sweet and creamy version.
It tastes great cold or warm and I personally prefer it chilled.
This banana coconut pudding requires no blender at home. Just simmer in a small soup pot and in 10 minutes you’ll have a nice bowl of comfort food.
If you are looking for an alternative to smoothie bowls, give this Thai Banana Coconut Tapioca Pudding a try !!
Paleo Banana Coconut Tapioca Puddings ! This is a famous Tapioca pudding recipe from Thailand and I made it dairy free and paleo friendly. It tastes great in room or chilled temperature.
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp organic maple syrup optional
- 3 tbsp small tapioca pearls rinsed and drained
- 3 slices ripe bananas cut into thick
- 3 tbsp white sesame seeds best dry-roasted in a skillet for about 5 mins over low heat until browned
- Heat water, coconut milk, vanilla essence, and maple syrup(optional) in a large saucepan over medium to medium/low heat until it starts simmering.
- Reduce the heat to low and add tapioca pearls, stirring from time to time for 5 to 6 mins.
- Add bananas and simmer uncovered for another 3 mins.
- When the pearls turn translucent, remove from the heat.
- Serve cold or hot with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds on top.