Paleo Chinese Shrimp Tomato Stir-Fry
Paleo Chinese Shrimp Tomato Stir-Fry. This sizzling Paleo stir-fry shrimp in tomato ketchup sauce is very popular in China and Taiwan. Pair This Paleo shrimp recipe with cauliflower rice for a low carb and easy meal. Best of all, it’s absolutely delicious !
Paleo Chinese Shrimp Tomato Stir-Fry 蝦人番茄炒蛋 is a staple Chinese and Taiwanese food. Anyone who grew up in Asia will recognize this dish. It’s many people’s childhood comfort food.
Paleo Chinese Shrimp Tomato Stir-Fry is versatile, quick, and absolutely delicious ! In fact this Paleo Chinese Shrimp Tomato Stir-Fry has become one of the most popular lunch menu item in fast-paced Hong Kong because it’s so quick to put together !
Paleo Chinese Shrimp Tomato Stir-Fry – 2 Styles
Traditionally you’ll find this Paleo Chinese Shrimp Tomato Stir-Fry in two different styles –
- Eggs with tomatoes only, or
- Tomato with shrimp stir-fry only.
If you can’t have shellfish, make eggs with tomato stir-fry only in yummy paleo ketchup sauce.
If you can’t have eggs, make tomato and stir-fry shrimp.
What I love the most about this Paleo Chinese Shrimp Tomato Stir-Fry is that the shrimp are gently poached and then stir-fry in tomato ketchup sauce. It’s sweet and tangy, and is the perfect paleo stir-fry Shrimp recipe.
How to make stir-fry eggs silky
- Add arrowroot slurry to the beaten eggs. This will create a nice moisture seal in the egg mixture and, in combination with the cooking tips below, will make the stir-fry eggs silky.
- Use a well-greased cast iron skillet or a ceramic non-stick skillet. It will be easier to make the scrambled eggs soft and silky.
- Pay attention to the stovetop temperature. If the eggs seem to get cooked (become solidified) too fast lower the temperature.
So my friends this Paleo Chinese Shrimp Tomato Stir-Fry is –
Sweet and tangy
& Paleo, Whole30 friendly !
If you give this Paleo Chinese Shrimp Tomato Stir Fry a try, let me know ! Leave a comment and rate the recipe. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #IHeartUmami on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with. XOXO !
Paleo Chinese Shrimp Tomato Stir Fry
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Poach the shrimp. As soon as they turn pink (about 5-6 seconds in hot water). Rinse them under cold water and set aside to drain.
- In a well-heated cast iron or ceramic non-stick skillet, add 1.5 tbsp ghee and swirl the oil around the skillet. Lower the heat to medium/medium-low, add the egg mixture and stir into a soft scramble egg. When the eggs are about 50-60% cooked (about 2.5-3 minutes), set aside.
- Add 1 more tbsp ghee, saute diced tomatoes with chopped garlic. Season with a pinch of salt and saute for about 10 seconds. Add shrimp and egg back to the skillet. Coat the shrimp with eggs and tomato sauce.
- Give them a quick toss (about 5-6 seconds). Garnish with green parts of scallions and 1-2 tsp toasted sesame oil. Serve in room temperature or slightly chilled with cauliflower rice or steamed rice (for gluten-free).