Red White & Blue Mini Crepe Cakes
Paleo Crepe Cakes ! Delicious paleo crepes with chilled coconut cream and fresh berries.
This is a quick and easy recipe that I don’t have much to say about. Aside from the fact that they taste awesome and waaaaaaaay healthier than most of the crepe cakes you can find in stores. You should give them a go !!
Paleo Red White and Blue Mini Crepe Cakes
- Fresh berries, (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- Mint leaves
- Organic maple syrup, optional. skip it if you are on Whole30
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp coconut flour or almond flour
- Pinch of salt
To make guilt-free coconut cream filling:
- 2 5.4 oz canned coconut cream, 2 cans @ 5.4 oz/can
- 2 tsp raw honey, Optional. Skip it if on Whole30
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 whole California orange juice
To make paleo crepes:
- Whisk the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, pinch of salt, and water. Combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix well until no lumps. Set aside and let the batter sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat w/ 1-2 tsp of oil. Ladle about 40 ml (about 3 tbsp) of the batter to the center of the pan and immediately start swirling around to evenly coat the bottom of the pan.
- The batter will get cooked pretty quickly about 1 minute per side. Set aside to cool.
To make coconut cream filling:
- Chill 2 cans of coconut cream in the fridge overnight.
- On the day of, chill a large size mixing bowl in the freezer for about 10 mins. Place 2 cans of coconut cream in the bowl and add honey and vanilla extract. Whisk and thin with fresh orange juice until it is a desirable consistency
- Cover in plastic wrap and put in the fridge to keep it cool and fresh until you are ready to eat!
To assemble & Eat:
- Lay 1 crepe to a flat plate.
- Add about 1 tbsp of the cream filling to the center of the crepe and use a small spatula to evenly spread the filling over the crepe and place sliced strawberries on top of the cream filling.
- Repeat with the steps above. Place extra berries and mint leaves on top of the last crepe & drizzle with maple syrup if you like it really sweet !