Whole30 Stuffed Crispy Potato Skins
Paleo Stuffed Crispy Potato Skins ! This recipe is a variation of my Paleo Tender Roast Pork recipe.
Click the picture below to see the Tender Roast Pork recipe if you landed on this page first. 🙂
Leave a comment and rate the recipe below! It’ll take you 2 minutes or less but will help me tremendously.
Thanks in advance !
Paleo Stuffed Crispy Potato Skins – Yum Yum Yum !
- Versatile: You can swap russet potatoes for garnet yam or Japanese yam/sweet potatoes
- Perfect finger food: Stuff the Paleo Tender Pork Roast with mashed potatoes, ghee butter and fresh herbs or whatever you like ! It’s crispy …it’s creamy…everything you dream of in one bite !
And because I love this tutorial so much I’m posting it here again –
Perfectly crispy Paleo Stuffed Crispy Potato Skins
I like to slice the potatoes in half first before sending them in the oven – in my opinion, the potatoes cook faster this way.
Use a smaller spoon with a slightly pointy front to scoop out the pulp until only a thin layer of potato remains.
Place skin-side-down (as in the video tutorial) and bake at 420F/ 216C for 10 mins or until the shells are crispy.
Ways to enjoy Stuffed Crispy Potato Skins
I love mixing a few teaspoons of ghee butter with mashed potato and sliced pork cubes and stuffing them back to Crispy Potato Skins but really, you can stuff anything you want.
This dish can be completely vegetarian with chopped avocado, cherry tomatoes, and drizzled with lime juice or with the mashed potato/yam stuffed back into the potato skins after you’ve seasoned it with salt, pepper, and ghee. It will taste creamy, rich, and crispy all in one bite !
What are your favorite ways of enjoying Stuffed Crispy Potato Skins?
Leave a comment below and I’d love to know!
Paleo Stuffed Crispy Potato Skins
- 4 large size sweet potatoes/yams/russet potatoes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp Ghee, clarified butter, optional
- Cilantro or flat parsley, optional
- Tender roasted pork, optional
- 1/4 one whole lime juice, optional but highly recommended!
- Preheat oven to 420 F. Wash and scrub the potatoes/yams and slice them in half from tip to end. Lightly season with salt, black pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake until the yams/potatoes are soft (about 30-40 mins total. Rotate the baking tray at half baking time point for even baking).
- Use a slightly pointy small spoon to scoop out the pulp until a thin layer of potato remains. Place skin-side-down at 420F for 10 minutes or until the shells are crispy.
- Mash the potato/yam with ghee butter, chopped pork, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on serving platter and top with mashed potatoes and pork and drizzle with lime juice.