Paleo Taco Caramelized Pork
Paleo Taco Caramelized Pork – delicious Paleo Asian style taco with caramelized juicy pork.
Does the west coast have better tacos than the east coast ?
I’ve had my fair share of okay tacos – okay, many bad tacos in NY – that just can’t compete with the ones I’ve had in LA.
What’s going on with you New York?
Or………. maybe I just haven’t discovered the super good ones?
In a way, tacos remind me of Taiwanese breakfast egg crepes or Chinese scallion pancakes (a thinner version) that wrap around roast beef and garlic chives. Hmmm……Yum yum !!
Regardless the east or west coast, this time I’m taking the taco mission (no pun intended) into my own hands to prove that east coast people can make tacos too!
I love my tacos made with slow roasted pulled pork. I think people call them carnitas tacos?
It just so happened that I ran out of time to do a pot roast this week and decided to do a quicker version of caramelized pork tenderloin tacos with paleo tortillas.
I wasn’t quite sure how they would turn out in the beginning but man, I’ve gotta tell you, these are some badass tacos !
These Paleo Taco Caramelized Pork are so good that I think they will become one of my family staples.
The paleo tortillas I learned from The Stupid Easy Paleo are super easy to make and they hold my tenderloin babies pretty well. I think next time I’ll try a sweet tortilla version on another sunny day !
So now, should we have an east v.s. west coast taco contest?
Paleo Taco Caramelized Pork
- 1 lb boneless centre cut pork loin, slice into thin strips or small cubes
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, grated
- 1 small fresh red chili pepper (fresno), seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or flat parsley
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander powder
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp your favorite hot sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste
Taco garnishing (optional):
- cilantro/parsley, chopped
- shallots, finely chopped
- your favorite hot sauce
- lime wedges
- 1/2 cup seedless cucumber, diced
- Marinate the pork with shallots, garlic, chili, olive oil, cilantro, crushed coriander seeds, and lime juice for at least an hour (best overnight).
- Heat a saute pan over medium to medium-high heat w/ 1 tbsp coconut oil. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Once the pork is cooked through, scope out the meat and set aside to cool.
- Reduce the remaining liquid in the saute pan over medium-high heat until the sauce is thickened. Pour the sauce over the pork and give it a gentle toss.
- Garnish with your favorite condiments - mine is cilantro, shallots, lime, and cucumbers !
- Whisk the eggs, coconut oil, and water.. Combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix well until no lumps. Set aside and let the batter sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat with 1-2 tsp of oil. Ladle about 40 ml (about 3 tbsp) of the batter to the center of the pan and immediately start swirling around to evenly coat the bottom of the pan. The batter will get cooked pretty quickly about 1 minute per side.