Thai Minced Chicken Herbal Salad
Paleo Thai Minced Chicken Herbal Salad.
When people go on low carb diets – whether Paleo, Keto, or Whole30 – they often see a dish that looks very similar to the one I’m about to share with you today – minced meat wrapped in lettuce leaves. However, I guarantee that this lookalike dish is going to make you say Wow and feel like you are tasting it for the first time.
This Thai Minced Chicken Herbal Salad looks simple yet it’s layered with 3-dimensional flavor.
It’s spicy, bright/citrusy, and salty/savory.
It’s bold and damn delicious. 🙂
In my online cooking course, we go deeper into how to create amazingly delicious everyday food in under 30 minutes even if you work 50 + hours per week.
Here I share just a taste of how a few simple and unassuming ingredients can bring your food to a level beyond anything you’ve ever experienced. If you love Thai food, I guarantee you’ll love this Thai Minced Chicken Herbal Salad.
Watch the video demo below to see how I build up 3 different layers of flavor, and why waiting until the very end to season your dish is the way to go in this dish.
Bon appetite !
Paleo Thai Minced Chicken Herbal Salad
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, for sauteing use
Flavor layer 1 -
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon zest, alt. 1 lemongrass
- 1 large red chili pepper, finely chopped & seeded
Flavor layer 2 -
Flavor layer 3 -
- Handful of chopped cilantro and mint leaves
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- Heat 2 tbsp coconut oil over high heat. When hot, add ingredients under Flavor layer 1. Add a small pinch of salt and stir-fry for 2 -3 minutes until golden brown but not burned.
- Add ground chicken. Stir-fry until the meat is completely cooked through. Season with a small pinch of salt.
- Turn off of the heat. Add ingredients under Flavor layer 2.
- Give it a quick stir then add ingredients under Flavor layer 3.
- Mix everything well and taste and see if more lime juice is needed.