Paleo Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles are the perfect thanksgiving sides and appetizer. These bacon wrapped green beans are Whole30 and Keto, wrapped in bacon and baked until crispy. Drizzle with aged balsamic vinegar and fresh lemon juice for the perfect holiday party appetizer!
Paleo Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles (Whole30, Keto, Low Carb)
I love green beans, particularly French petite green beans. They are low maintenance, easy to prepare, and taste Umami delicious. Once you blanch, saute, or roast the beans they turn crunchy and savory delicious. If you haven’t tried my Sichuan style dry fried green beans, check it out here.
Perfect Paleo Thanksgiving recipe
These Paleo Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles are perfect for the holiday season or parties. They are lightly blanched and wrapped with bacon and baked until golden crispy. I recommend drizzling with aged balsamic vinegar and serving the lemon wedges on the side. These green bean bundles are not only healthy but also gorgeous looking.
Green beans or Asparagus
You can use the same recipe for thin asparagus spears, too. The recipe is so easy to adopt so feel free to make two different sheet pan trays of appetizers or make a mixed combination to feed a larger crowd with variety. Everyone is going to be so impressed with these low carb healthy Paleo Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles!
How to prepare green beans
- Trim the tip ends of the green beans (Skip if use French petite green beans)
- Hot water blanch the green beans about 2-3 minutes then plunge them in cold water to stop cooking
- Pat dry then season the green beans with salt, pepper, and olive oil
- Either enjoy the green beans as salads or lightly sauté or oven roast them.
How to wrap the green bean bundles with bacon
Personally I prefer using turkey bacon because the shape makes it easier to wrap the green beans.
- Lightly pan fry the bacon strips until they are just beginning to brown but still very pliable.
- Stash a small bunch of petite green beans (about 5-6) onto the bacon strip and roll up into a bundle. Tuck the end of the bacon strip underneath.
- Use small toothpicks to help secure the bacon if it’s hard to tuck the end of the bacon strip underneath.
So my friends, these Paleo Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles are –
Perfect holiday appetizer and side dish,
& Paleo, Whole30, and Keto friendly
If you give this Paleo Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles a try (or any recipes you’ve made from my website), please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. It’ll help me and my blog tremendously. Thanks in advance ! XOXO!
Looking for more holiday friendly recipes that are guarantee delicious and healthy? Subscribe to my blog now. I’ll be sending out a Thanksgiving holiday ebook to my blog subscribers only !
Paleo Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles are the perfect thanksgiving sides appetizer. These bacon wrapped green beans are Whole30 and Keto, wrapped in bacon and baked until crispy. Perfect finger food for the holiday season. Makes about 22 bundles (roughly 5 petite green beans per bundle).
- 12 oz turkey or pork bacon , alt. any sugar and nitrate free bacon
- 1 lb fresh French petite green beans , tip ends trimmed if necessary (alt. Regular green beans or thin speared asparagus)
- ¼ tsp coarse sea salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Aged balsamic vinegar , garnish
- Half one whole lemon juice , serving on the side
- Small toothpicks
Preheat oven to 350°F (for regular oven) 325°F (for convection oven). Line a large baking sheet pan with parchment.
Bring a large pot of water about 2 liters to boil. Quick blanch the trimmed green beans for about 2-3 minutes. Plunge them into the ice water to stop the cooking and set the color. Once they are cool to touch, drain the beans and pat dry on a cloth or paper towel.
- In the meantime, pan fry the bacons in batches until the slices are just beginning to brown along the edges but are still very pliable, 1 to 2 minutes per side depending on the thickness. You don’t want them to crisp up or it will be hard to wrap the beans. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool. Cut strips in half lengthwise.
- In a large bowl, lightly toss the green beans with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Stash a small bunch of petite green beans (about 5-6) onto the bacon strip and roll up into a bundle. Tuck the end of the bacon strip underneath.
- Place the bundle into the sheet pan, seam side down. Repeat with remaining bacon strips and green beans and leave a little space between each bundle. Bake for about 8-10 mins in the middle rack until the bacon is browned and crispy.
Drizzle with aged balsamic vinegar & Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Use small toothpicks to help secure the bacon if it’s hard to tuck the end of the bacon strip underneath.
When rolling up the green bean bundles, try to roll them tight. Place seam side down and so they won’t fall apart in the oven.
The same recipe and cooking steps work for thin speared asparagus, too! If use asparagus, please snap off tough ends first then hot water blanch.
The nutrition label is calculated per bundle with roughly 5 petite green beans per bundle.
Also check out my Paleo Keto and Vegan friendly Herb Stuffed Mushrooms and you’ll have two awesome Thanksgiving side dishes!