Paleo Sandwich Bread
Easy Paleo Sandwich Bread is soft and fluffy with healthy whole food ingredients. This paleo bread recipe is low carb and great for breakfast and toasted sandwiches!
Paleo Sandwich Bread (Low Carb, Keto)
I have a feeling that this is probably not your first time seeing Paleo bread recipes on the internet but to make paleo bread soft, fluffy, low carb, and with a light toasted whole wheat aroma is probably worth writing about. 🙂
Even my husband, Nate, who’s a bread lover likes this Paleo Sandwich Bread recipe. He said this is the type of bread he’d reach in the fridge to get a second slice. Since I’m not much of a bread or cake baker, I kept the recipe really simple with minimal ingredients. If I can do it, you can absolutely, too!
How to make Paleo sandwich bread
This Paleo Sandwich Bread recipe has a soft and fluffy texture and slightly bouncy. The bread is also gluten-free and low carb.
Active dry yeast v.s. Instant dry yeast
Active dry yeast needs to be dissolved in water before using and instant dry yeast can be mixed right into dry ingredients. The yeast helps the dough to rise and makes the bread soft and less dense.
For today’s Paleo Sandwich Bread recipe I use instant dry yeast. Sometimes it’s also sold as rapid- or quick-rise yeast.
According to the Kitchn, active dry yeast and instant dry yeast are interchangeable. However, active dry yeast may be slower to rise. If a recipe calls for Instant dry yeast and you use active dry yeast, you might need to add an extra 10-15 minutes bake time for the bread to rise.
Is yeast gluten-free?
Instant dry yeast and active dry yeast are gluten-free. There are other types of yeast that may not be gluten-free. For example, Brewer’s yeast (unless it’s specified gluten-free on the label) and yeast extract. You can read more information from this article here.
Is yeast paleo?
Yes, yeast is Paleo. Read more here from Dr. Sarah Ballantyne.
So my friends, this Paleo Sandwich Bread is low carb and very easy to make. You can store the extra in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. It reheats well and you can easy make toasted sandwiches in a toaster oven.
If you give this Paleo Sandwich Bread a try, be sure to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. I’d love to hear what you think!
Paleo Sandwich Bread (Low carb, Soft, Easy)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 8.5 X 4.5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Dry: In a large mixing bowl combine ingredients from flaxseed meal to sea salt. Mix well until no clumps.
- Wet: In a separate mixing bowl whisk well whole eggs and egg whites. Add ingredients from olive oil to maple syrup. Mix again.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Whisk well until there are no lumps. The batter will be thick and moist. The consistency should be similar to cooked oatmeal.
- Carefully pour the batter into the loaf pan. Gently tap the pan on the countertop a few times to even out the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, middle rack, or until the bread is risen and the top outer tier is in golden brown color.
- Carefully lift the bread out of the loaf pan by holding the parchment paper. Let cool on a cooling rack.
- Slice as desired. Store extra in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.