Soft Scrambled Eggs Without Cheese
I had a huge craving one morning for soft, gooey scrambled eggs. Can’t explain where that craving comes from but the warm, soft scrambled eggs I created seemed to feed it perfectly that morning.
But how do I achieve that gooey and moist texture without using butter, milk, and cheese?
Have you seen the show Hell’s Kitchen where Gordon Ramsay yells and screams at those poor young chefs for practically the entire show?
It made me cringe to think about the show but hey – I have to give all the credit to Gordon for solving my cravings that morning.
The trick to making soft, gooey scrambled eggs without the cheese relies on one very simple technique.
If you have a heavy pan, preferably nonstick or cast iron, and some farm-fresh eggs and ghee (clarified butter) or coconut oil (if you are extremely sensitive to dairy), you could be eating these soft comforting eggs tomorrow morning!
All you need to do to enjoy these gooey eggs is to watch the short 1-minute video below where I demonstrate how to make soft, gooey scrambled eggs without the cheese, using Gordon Ramsay’s technique.
It will become one of your favorite ways to enjoy eggs after one bite.
Paleo Soft scrambled eggs without cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ½ tbsp ghee, or melted coconut oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped scallion or chives
- Break 6 eggs into a room temperature non-stick pan or cast iron with 1 ½ tbsp ghee (or melted coconut oil).
- Use a spatula, stir the eggs gently over medium to medium-low heat.
- As the mixture begins to set and curdle, move the pan off the heat. Keep stirring and moving the pan off and back on the heat. Repeat the process.
- When the mixture is about 80% curdled, remove the pan off the heat.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Garnish with chopped scallion or chives.
So delicious!! I made these eggs yesterday AND today!! So easy to do. Who knew!! Thanks so much @IHeartUmami. Can’t wait to try more of your stuff.
Thank you so much Jia! I appreciate it ! 😀