Baked Asparagus Coconut Cream Frittata
I was at the farmer’s market in Park Slope, Brooklyn this weekend and couldn’t leave without these beautiful spring asparagus!
Since Nate and I started following the paleo diet, breakfast has been a challenge. I’ve decided to look further into solutions.
You’ll see that I will incorporate more of my paleo breakfast findings in this blog and I hope you will share your great tips and recipes with me in the comments below.
Baked Asparagus Coconut Cream FrittataPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canned coconut cream milk, I use a brand called Chaokoh
- 1 tbsp dill weed
- big pinch of kosher salt
- handful of thin asparagus
- ground black pepper
- Steam the asparagus until tender (about 6 minutes).
- Cool the steamed asparagus in ice water to keep texture and color
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with coconut oil or EVOO.
- Scramble the eggs with coconut cream milk, dill weed, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared baking pan and carefully place into the oven.
- After 10 minutes, remove the egg dish from the oven and place the asparagus one by one.
- Return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Let the frittata rest for a few minutes and use both hands to lift the frittata out and onto a flat surface.