Nate and I recently returned from Asia and have been longing for a little time to just sit down and write blog posts – but it has proved challenging to juggle so many things at once!
Our time in Thailand was particularly memorable. Love the people, culture, and of course, food. 🙂
The first dish I want to share with you guys after our trip is this Grilled Green Curry Chicken marinated in Coconut Milk.
The locals showed me how to make this dish. I modified it slightly to make it Paleo friendly.
When we were in Thailand, we had the chicken sliced and grilled on skewers so it’s more portable. It was absolutely delicious and out of this world !!
One other thing I’m contemplating is the future for IHeartUmami.
There’s so much to think about and I want to see this website live up to its full potential.
I will be up and running a regular schedule soon with more targeted content, homemade recipes, and as always mouth-watering paleo Asian dishes.
I guarantee you are gonna love it. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by again.
Love you all.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts about ½ lb each, the thinner the breast the better
- 2 tbsp coconut oil for pan-fry use
- 1 lime
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 5 small green chilies
- 5 small red chilies
- Galangal Thai ginger about 2 inches long, finely sliced (alt. galangal powder or fresh ginger)
- 3 lemongrass stalks sliced
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 5 black peppercorns
- 4 small shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 handful of cilantro both leaves and roots
- 3 tbsp green curry paste from above
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp thick coconut milk
- Blend all ingredients under “homemade green curry paste” in a food processor until smooth
- Place chicken breasts in a glass container. Add all ingredients under “Marinade” and make sure the sauce is coated both sides of the chicken breast.
- Seal the container and let it chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour or best overnight.
- Heat 2 tbsp coconut oil in a large saute pan over high heat until slightly smoking.
- Place the chicken breast in the saute pan - you should hear a sizzle - and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until it is cooked through.
- Slice the chicken breasts and serve with lime wedges.