Hit the PLAY BUTTON ⬇️⬇️ to make simple and delicious Paleo Filipino Skirt Steak Cauliflower Fried Rice with me ! You are going to LOVE it ! ❤️❤️
Healthy and satisfying meal good from AM to PM
I LOVE skirt steak. It’s reasonably priced, great for Asian flavored recipes, and super versatile for many stir-fry dishes.
You can tell by how many people love my Easy Paleo Beef With Broccoli recipe. My favorite cut for this dish? Skirt steak :))
Whenever I see skirt steak available in my local store, I buy extra, divide it into individual meal servings, and store in the freezer for later use.
A flavor kick to your taste bud – Paleo Filipino Skirt Steak Cauliflower Fried Rice
This Filipino-inspired meal is a perfect balance between savory and citrusy. The lime juice and tomato sauce make it uniquely distinct for Filipino flavor. It’s a wonderful meal perfect for breakfast, lunch, and supper.
I lightly score the surface of the skirt steak (I.e. criss cross cut) to allow for better marination. If the skirt steak you purchase is very thin cut (I.e. less than ¼-inch thick), skip the scoring (criss-cross cut) step.
In the recipe below, I also share my quick and simple low carb cauliflower fried rice. The fried rice recipe could be a stand-alone piece so be sure to SAVE it for later !
Use the Pinterest, Facebook, or Yummly button to save it to as many places as you like. It’ll come in handy for your everyday Paleo Whole30 and Keto clean eating !
Low carb cauliflower fried rice with gluten-free steak marinade pan seared in cast iron skillet. Add this easy healthy recipe to your Paleo, Keto, and Whole30 meal plan !
- 1 lb. skirt steak best silver skin removed (ask the butcher to do this)
- 2 large fried eggs optional
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- Quarter of one whole lime juice
- 2 large garlic cloves crushed
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 2-3 bulbs scallions chopped, separate white and green parts
- 2 small garlic cloves finely chopped
- ¼ tsp ginger grated
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Coarse salt to taste
- 1 medium ripe tomato finely chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp shallots finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flat parsley finely chopped
- Lime juice to taste
- Prepare the steak: use a sharp knife to shallow slice/score the steak in a small criss-cross cut pattern to enable better marinating.* Marinate the steak overnight with ingredients under “steak seasonings” or at least 1-2 hours in the fridge.
Grill/pan-sear steak: Add 1 tbsp ghee to a well heated cast iron. Shake excess marinade from the steak and cook each side for 2-3 minutes per side for medium to medium-rare, depending on the thickness of the cut, basting the steak with ghee and steak juices. Set aside to rest.
- Cauliflower rice: Add 1 tbsp ghee or avocado oil to a heated skillet, when hot lower the heat to medium, add white parts of chopped scallions and finely chopped garlic. Season with a small pinch of salt. Saute until fragrant (about 10 seconds). Add 2 cups cauli rice, grated ginger, coconut aminos, and sesame oil. Season with a small pinch of salt. Stir fry quickly to cook the cauli rice to a soft (but not mushy) texture. Turn off the heat and stir-in green parts of scallion.
- Serve: Slice steak against the grain. Serve it with cauliflower rice, fried egg, and top with tomato sauce.
*lightly score the skirt steak will enable better marination. If the skirt steak you purchase is very thin cut (I.e. less than ¼-inch thick), skip the scoring (cross-cross cut) step.