Collard green chicken avocado rolls
This collard green chicken avocado rolls recipe is the ultimate on-the-go meal. Perfectly seasoned chicken with creamy avocados and super good for you collard leafy greens. This simple and easy recipe shares the best way to prepare collard greens to wrap food and make rolls.
Nate and I have been frequenting Bareburger a lot lately. We totally fell in love with how customizable their menu is. It’s like having a burger shop but I can decide my fillings and the type of wrap that goes along with it.
And this collard green chicken avocado roll is inspired by Bareburger’s California chicken sandwich club.
The beauty of this wrap is that you can customize it to suit your own personal preference. Nate loves it wrapped with bacon inside and I love mine with grilled portobello mushrooms.
The size of your wraps is also customizable. Here is the video example below I wrap the fillings with one medium collard green leaf and slice it in half before serving. You can also use two large leaves and overlap them to make a large burrito style.
They go perfectly with my semi-homemade roasted red bell pepper sauce, served on the side. Also, did you know that red bell peppers are full of vitamin C and or great anti-stress food that is so good for you? Check out this awesome article here.
I love making a few of them and storing them in glass containers to prevent the leaves from drying out. Then, whenever I’m hungry, I just grab one for a yummy quick bite.
If you plan on using other fillings for your wraps and aren’t planning to eat them right away, I’d suggest using the grilled chicken breast as opposed to chopped chicken salad mixed with mayonnaise. This will keep your wraps tidy as opposed to soft and soggy after a few hours.
If you are looking for a lunch or grab-and-go recipe, be sure to check out the video below on how to make my collard green chicken avocado rolls!
Let’s get rolling!
Paleo Collard green chicken avocado rolls
- 1 bunch collard greens, the larger the leaves the better
- 1 1/2 lbs thin sliced chicken breast
- 2 large full cap portobello mushrooms
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ tbsp ghee
- 1 large roasted red bell pepper, from a jar/can
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cut of stem. Trim the back of the stem if necessary. Blench them in hot water for a few seconds until pliable and soak in ice water to stop cooking.
- Season thin sliced chicken breast with salt, black pepper, and dry herb of your choice. Grill/pan-fry with ½ tbsp ghee until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown color. Set aside to cool and slice to thin strips.
Make dipping sauce:
- Blend everything under “dipping sauce”. Set aside.
- Take 1 collard green leave. Add sliced chicken breast, avocado, and mushrooms.
- Bring the bottom side up away from you and fold left and right sides to the center and then roll.
- Slice them in half before serving and enjoy with roasted red pepper dipping sauce.