Paleo Chicken Thigh Steak Collard Green Wraps
Paleo Chicken Thigh Steak Collard Green Wraps: oven baked boneless chicken thigh steak infused with roasted garlic clove flavor. Serve it alone or turn it into wraps for a delicious low carb chicken collard green wrap !
The ultimate roasted chicken steak recipe – Paleo Chicken Thigh Steak Collard Green Wraps
This Paleo chicken thigh steak collard green wraps is simply too good to pass on. The first time I tried it I realized I had to share it with our meal prep challenge group asap.
The chicken thigh steaks are perfect for meal prep and to feed a large crowd of hungry boys. As a matter of fact, I selected this very same recipe for my dinner party a few weeks ago to feed 8 adults plus one small baby – all done in advance !
Do this…it will be more tasty
I used a small knife to remove the chicken thigh bones to create a more even and flat thigh steak. They will bake more evenly in the oven and the flavor will come through more strongly.
If you feel that removing chicken thigh bones is too much hassle, my next recommendation would be using boneless chicken thighs without the skin. I think most of the grocery stores have this option available.
Bake them with halved whole head garlic clove for an infused garlicky good flavor !![clickToTweet tweet=”Best baked chicken thigh steak ever ! Paleo, Whole30, and Keto low carb chicken thigh steak!” quote=”I Heart Umami Chicken Thigh Steak Collard Green Wraps. I’m loving it !” theme=”style2″]
My mouth is watering just thinking about this …
Once they are cool to touch, slice them into bite sized pieces and drizzle with lemon juice for an awesome savory and slightly citrusy bite. Believe me, these chicken thigh steaks will be gone faster than you think !
P.s. Pro tip: mash the baked garlic cloves with little salt and olive oil. It’s SO GOOD when you smear that roasted garlic butter over chicken. Hmm…YUM !
Back to school (or office) or always on the go?
Here I rolled them into collard green Wraps for those of you who are always on the go. It’s simply a wonderful way to add more veggies to your diet.
They look like cute (and much healthier) burritos, don’t they ? :))
So this weekend, be sure to make this too good to pass on Paleo Chicken Thigh Steak Collard Green Wraps and hit the PIN BUTTON to save it to as many boards as you like. You’ll be hooked after one bite !
Paleo Chicken Thigh Steak
- 4 Chicken thighs, skin on, boneless best (about 2 lbs. total)
- Coarse sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Half of one whole head of garlic, halve/slice in half
- Lemon wedges/chopped parsley or scallions
- Prepare chicken: Use a small knife to carefully and slowly to remove the bones. Make shallow crisscross cuts over the meat side of the chicken (not skin) to break tendons. Be careful not to over slice the chicken pieces; flavor absorbs quickly and it cooks evenly.
- Season and marinate: Season both sides with coarse sea salt and black pepper. Combine ingredients under “chicken marinade”. Pour the marinade over chicken thigh and use your hands to massage the sauce in evenly. Best marinate overnight or set aside in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Bake: preheat oven to 420F/ 220 C. Prepare a lined sheet pan with baking rack. Lightly spray/brush oil over the rack. Place chicken thigh steak (skin side up) with half of one whole head of garlic sliced in half. Drizzle a little olive oil over garlic halves. Bake for 20 mins or until the skin is in light golden brown and the meat is completely cooked through. Then turn the oven to high broil for 3 mins to give the skin a nice golden color. If use skinless, turn high boil for 1-2 mins.
- Serve: Sprinkle scallions or chopped parsley and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Paleo Collard Green Wraps (with chicken thigh steak)
- 1 large bunch collard greens, the larger leaves the better, about 12 leaves
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup cucumber, julienned
- Coarse sea salt and lemon wedges
- Collard greens: Cut of stem. Use a small knife to trim the back of the stem to as flat as possible without breaking the leave so it will be easier to bend and fold. Blench them in hot water for a few seconds until pliable and soak in ice water to stop cooking. Pat dry with paper towel and set aside.
- Assemble: Take 2 collard green leaves “end to end” and overlap about little over halfway. Place sliced chicken thigh steak, carrots, cucumber, and purple cabbage at the center of the leaves. Season with a bit salt and lemon juice. Bring the bottom side up away from you and fold left and right sides to the center and then roll. Slice in half before serving.