Herb Stuffed Mushrooms
Easy and “cheesy” Herb Stuffed Mushrooms that are gluten dairy free and vegan friendly, packed with fresh parsley, mint, and sun dried tomatoes. Each little morsel is loaded with tons of savory and naturally sweet Umami flavor. Perfect finger party food. Follow the instructions to make this simple and super delicious recipe + ton more easy make ahead side dishes on the blog !
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Total Time 33 minutes
Servings 26 mushrooms
- 20 oz. baby bella or cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup Italian fresh parsley leaves
- ⅔ cup Fresh mint leaves
- 5-6 pieces sun dried tomatoes soaked in olive oil
- ⅓ cup Almond flour
- 2 tbsp + more for dusting Nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and black pepper to taste
Mushrooms: Preheat oven to 375F. Gently clean the mushrooms with a dry paper towel and use your hands with a small teaspoon to remove the mushrooms stems. Lightly brush each mushroom with olive oil both inside and outside cap.
Herbs: Use a sharp knife to gently and finely chop mint leaves and Italian parsley leaves to fine pieces. Chop sun dried tomatoes to finer pieces.
Assemble: In a large mixing bowl, gently mix chopped parsley, mint, and sun dried tomatoes with almond flour, nutritional yeast, and extra virgin olive oil. Lightly season with salt and pepper to taste. Use your hands or a small teaspoon to stuff herbs into mushroom caps. Bake at 375F for 18-20 minutes. Check after 18 minutes.
Serve: Sprinkle with more nutritional yeast and serve in room temperature.
- Please do not use food processor as the texture of these delicate herbs will become too fine and too watery. They will become mushy looking after baked in the oven.
- Make-ahead: gently clean the mushrooms with a dry paper towel and use your hands with a small teaspoon to remove the mushrooms stems. This can be prepped a day ahead so it’ll save you some time before the guests arrive.
- The larger the mushroom caps the more stuffing you can pack into each morsel. My best advice is to pick medium size caps - not too tiny (hard to stuff) and not too large - so that they will be baked evenly in the oven.
Serving: 29g | Calories: 41kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 131mg | Vitamin A: 245IU | Vitamin C: 3.6mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.4mg