Paleo Broccolini Salad with Creamy Ginger Mustard Dressing
Healthy and easy Paleo Broccolini Salad recipe, tossed in a creamy and tart Asian ginger mustard dressing. Serve this creamy delicious healthy salad with noodles or without for a healthy light refreshing meal!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 people
- Paleo Creamy Ginger Salad Dressing
- 1-2 whole ripe avocados , sliced
- 1-2 bulbs scallions , chopped
- 4 slices crispy bacon (optional)
- 8 oz. Shirataki noodles or cooked rice noodles (optional. See notes)
- 1 lb. broccolini or broccoli
- 6-8 oz. sugar snap or snow peas
- 3-4 whole soft warm boiled eggs
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Make ginger salad dressing. Set aside in one bowl. Slice avocados and chop scallions. Crisp up the bacon and prepare the noodles, if using.
Broccolini: Remove and discard the bottom third of the broccolini stems. Make another cut to separate the florets from the stems. For thicker stems, halve them in half lengthwise. Separate the stems from the florets. Rinse and set aside to drain.
Peas: Pinch the tip of each sugar snap pea and pull out the tough string that runs along its side. Rinse and set aside to drain.
Soft-Boiled Jammy Eggs: Once the water comes to boil, lower the heat to medium-low. Carefully add the eggs into hot simmering water. Cook uncovered for about 6.5 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to gently push around the eggs every few minutes to insure even cooking. Soak the eggs in cold water to stop cooking.
Blanch: Depends on the thickness of the broccolini stems, hot water blanch them for about 2 minutes, broccolini florets for 1-1.5 minutes, and sugar snap peas for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Soak them in cold water to stop cooking then set aside to drain. They should still be crisp and tender.
Serve: In a large salad serving bowl, combine all the ingredients and drizzle with ginger salad dressing. Toss well. Serve in room temperature or slightly chilled.
How to cook shirataki noodles:
The nutritional label is calculated without adding the noodles and dressing. You can find the dressing nutrition info on this blog post.
Rice noodle I use - Lotus food Pad Thai rice noodles
Shirataki Noodles (Miracle noodles)
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Remove the noodles from the package and discard the water.
- Rinse under cold water for 2-3 minutes.
- Boil the noodles for 2-3 minutes. Drain well.
- Transfer the noodles to a dry skillet (no oil) and saute for 2-3 minutes to dry out the noodles. They are ready to use!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 356mg | Potassium: 140mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2465IU | Vitamin C: 129.6mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 2.1mg