Paleo Crispy Thai Chicken Salad
Paleo Crispy Thai Chicken Salad with apples. Looking for a healthy Paleo Whole30 chicken salad recipe? This Paleo Crispy Thai Chicken Salad is the perfect Whole30 summer salad with crispy chicken breasts or thighs in Thai-inspired salad dressing.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- ~ 2 cups cooked chicken breasts or thighs shred to thin strips (I use plain rotisserie chicken that’s seasoned with salt and pepper only)
- Any dry spice seasonings you like to taste salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder
- 1-2 large shallots thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 bulbs scallions sliced to diagonal shape
- 1 granny smith apple remove cord and slice to match stick shape
- Chopped tomatoes optional
- Toasted almonds or cashew nuts optional
- 3 small garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 red fresno or serrano chili pepper seeds removed, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1.5 tbsp Red Boat fish sauce
- Half of one whole lime juice
- 2 tbsp or more pineapple juice
- 2 tsp red pepper hot sauce
Shallot: Thin slice shallot(s) to thin strips (lengthwise) and soak them in iced cold water to remove spicy pungent taste while preparing other items.
Protein: Shred cooked chicken (or chopped steak, pork) and season them with you favorite dry spice seasonings. Toss well. Pre-heat a large skillet until it’s well-heated. Add 1.5 tbsp cooking fat of your choice, lower the heat to medium and pan fry the protein strips without disturbing until the bottom side is golden crispy. Pan fry the flip side until your desired crispy texture. You might need to fry them in separate batches.
Dressing: In the meantime, in a small saucepan, gently warm up the ingredients under “Thai-inspired dressing” over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Serve: To serve, drain shallots and combine them with sliced apple, scallions, tomatoes, crispy chicken, and toasted nuts. Drizzle with dressing right before serving. Serve in room temperature or slightly chilled.
Prefer a non-spicy dressing ? I love Tessemae’s creamy caesar dressing and it works well with my Thai Chicken Salad combo. Just swap the dressing for creamy caesar and you’ll have a completely different flavor bowl of Crispy Chicken Salad. How neat ! :))
This is a great dish to use up and dress up any leftover protein. You can use diced/chopped steak or pork or any protein you choose. If the protein is well-seasoned, feel free to pan fry them directly without adding any dry spice seasonings until they are golden crispy. Add more oil to the skillet if need be.
The nutritional label is calculated single serving without any dry spice seasonings and toasted almonds.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 667mg | Potassium: 257mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Vitamin C: 8.3mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.9mg