Paleo Asian Chicken Cabbage Salad
A Chinese-inspired Asian Chicken Cabbage Salad with sesame vinaigrette dressing. Whole30 friendly !
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 3/4 lbs chicken thighs (boneless, skinless) alt. Chicken breasts
- Salt, Garlic, Onion, Sweet paprika powder , lightly sprinkle over both sides of chicken
- 8 cups savoy cabbage , cored and thinly sliced alt. Nappa cabbage
- 2 1/2 cups carrots, julienned (about 1 large carrot)
- Small handful red cabbage cored and thinly sliced
- Sugar snap peas or snow peas, roughly chopped & almond slices, as much as you like
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 2 thin slices ginger finely chopped
- 2 bulbs scallions chopped. Separate white & green parts
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional , optional
- Half one whole star anise (or ⅛ tsp five spice powder)
Dressing: (can be easily doubled):
Chicken: Season the chicken thighs with salt, garlic, onion, sweet paprika powder on both sides. Pan fry them with 1 tbsp ghee until both sides are golden brown and cooked through. Lightly covered w/ aluminum foil & set aside.
Saute: Saute“aromatics” with 1 tbsp ghee. Season with a small pinch of salt. Stir-fry until fragrant (about 10 secs.). Add thin sliced savoy cabbage and julienned carrots. Lightly toss them a few times until the vegetables turn slightly softer yet still crisp. Season with a pinch of salt. Set aside to cool.
Prepare dressing. Taste and see if more vinegar is needed.
Combine sauteed veggies with thin sliced red cabbage, chopped sugar snap peas, almond slices, and sliced chicken. Pour dressing over. Give a quick toss and serve.
Serving: 299g | Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 10.5g | Saturated Fat: 2.2g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 506mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 176% | Vitamin C: 63% | Calcium: 7% | Iron: 10%