Paleo spaghetti noodles cashew cream sauce
Low carb and healthy Paleo Spaghetti Noodles with creamy and smooth cashew cream sauce, topped with crispy crumbled minced pork. A quick alternative to roasted sweet potatoes. Super uber yum ! Pre-soaked the raw cashew nuts for about 2 hours to make the most creamy and smooth cashew cream sauce. See notes section and recipe instructions below for more info.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 6 lbs)
- olive oil
Cashew cream sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, best soak 2 hrs Alternative, soak in warm water for at least 30 mins.
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk from a can
- 2/3 cup water, or more for thinner consistency. Add 1 tbsp a time until desired consistency.
- 1/4 + 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
Crispy minced pork crumbles: (below is my favorite dry spice combo. feel free to pick your own favorite flavor!)
- 1/3 lb ground pork
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
Soak the raw cashews nuts for about 2 hours so it will be easier to blend. Drain and rinse thoroughly. *alt. Soak in warm water for at least 30 mins.
Spaghetti Squash: Preheat the oven to 400 °F / 205 °C. Carefully slice the spaghetti squash from tip to end. Remove the seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and coarse sea salt. Place cut side down and bake at 400 °F / 205 °C for 25-30 mins.
Crispy minced pork: In the meantime, season the ground pork with ingredients listed under “Crispy minced pork crumbles” Or your favorite spices. Pan fry the pork until golden brown and crispy. Drain the grease over a paper towel.
Cashew cream sauce: Place soaked cashews with ingredients listed under “cashew cream sauce” in a blender. Blend/puree until very smooth. For thinner consistency, add 1 tbsp water a time until desired consistency.
Assemble: Gently separate the spaghetti squash flesh into strands horizontally to make the longest “noodles”. While the noodles are still hot, toss with cashew cream sauce. Top with crispy minced pork crumbles and serve with your favorite veggies.
* The crispy minced pork crumbles is designed to be reminiscent of the texture and flavor of bacon crumbles - crunchy and slightly on the salty side. Adjust salt quantity to your liking.
* The cashew nut cream sauce can be prepared a few days in advance. Store in fridge for 3-4 days.
Serving: 684g | Calories: 595kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 38.4g | Saturated Fat: 12.6g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 504mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 700IU | Vitamin C: 18.2mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 5.6mg