Paleo Thai Chilled Eggplant Salad
Paleo Thai Chilled Eggplant Salad ! If you love thai food, this Thai chilled eggplant salad will be a perfect side dish that goes well with any mains.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 5 servings
- 2 cups mixed Asian eggplants slice into bite sizes (alt. Italian eggplant, cubed)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 small fresh red or green chili peppers thinly sliced, use fresno or serrano
- 1 large shallot thinly sliced (to fry)
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic thinly sliced (to fry)
- Sea salt to taste
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 whole fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced shallots
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped cilantro or more, include thin stems and leaves
Cook 2 large eggs in a pot of boiling water. Once cooked, rinse in cold water, peel the shell, and set aside to cool.
Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat until lightly smoke. Add sliced garlic and season with sprinkle of sea salt. Pan fried until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
Repeat step 2 and pan fry sliced shallots until golden brown but not burned. Set aside to cool drain over a paper towel.
Heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil over medium-high heat until lightly smoke. Add sliced chilies and eggplants. Season with generous amount of sea salt and pan fry until the eggplant skin has blistered and the flesh is soft.