Vietnamese Pho-Inspired Tomato Beef Soup (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
Simple and super delicious Paleo Vietnamese Pho-Inspired Tomato Beef Soup. This Easy Pho Recipe is quick, Paleo, Whole30, Keto, and Gluten-Free. It'll keep you warm throughout colder months!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- ¾ to 1 lb beef sirloin chill in the freezer for 20-30 mins then slice into paper thin
- Cooking fat of your choice
Beef seasonings (after sliced to paper thin):
- 3 large cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 tsp fresh ginger finely chopped
- 2-3 bulbs scallions chopped (use white parts for sauteing, green parts for garnishing before serving)
- Half one whole lime zest
- Half one whole lemon zest
- Cilantro for garnishing optional
- half one whole lime juice
Heat 1 1/2 tbsp avocado oil in a wok/medium size soup pot. When hot, lower the heat to medium. Stir-fry “Aromatics (A)” group. Season with a small pinch of salt. Saute until fragrant about 1 ½ mins.
Add ingredients under “broth”. Cover the pot with a lid. Bring the broth to boil then lower the heat and simmer for about 5 mins.
Just before serving, bring the soup to hot simmering again. Add thin sliced beef and simmer for about 15-30 seconds or until the beef slices turn slightly pink but not cooked through. Turn off the heat. Add ingredients under “Aromatics (B)”.
Taste and see if more lime juice is needed. If your palate prefers stronger flavor, add another ½ tbsp coconut amino or salt. Garnish with cilantro (optional) and green parts of scallion. Serve hot and immediately.
Serving: 109g | Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3.6g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 199mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 11.6mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.4mg