Korean Chilled Zucchini Sides
Delicious Korean Chilled Zucchini Sides. Perfect Paleo side dish. A super easy and quick way to enjoy more vegetables. It will become one of your favorite side dish !
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 3 slice medium zucchini to a little thinner than a quarter-inch thick per disk.
- 1 ½ tsp fine sea salt for 3 medium zucchini
- 2 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped green scallions or more if you prefer
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds or more if you prefer
- 1 ½ tbsp avocado or coconut oil saute use
Sprinkle 1 ½ tsp fine sea salt over sliced zucchinis and use your hands to gently rub the salt evenly into each slice. Set it aside for about 20 minutes. This will help bring out the extra moisture from the zucchini. After 20 minutes, gently squeeze out the water.
Heat 1 ½ tbsp avocado/coconut oil over medium heat, when hot, lower the heat to medium-low, add zucchinis and stir-fry for about 3 minutes or until the zucchinis turn slightly softer.
Add minced garlic, chopped green scallions, sesame oil, and sesame seeds. Stir-fry another 2 minutes and turn off the heat. Taste and see if more salt is needed.
Serve best chilled or in room temperature.
Serving: 14g | Calories: 46kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Fat: 4.8g | Saturated Fat: 0.6g | Sodium: 500mg | Vitamin C: 2% | Calcium: 1%