Paleo Moroccan Spaghetti Meatballs
A delicious and easy way to enjoy Paleo Moroccan Spaghetti Meatballs with no added sugar, low calorie, using homemade harissa tomato sauce and zucchini noodles. Paleo, Whole30, Ket, recipe.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 lb ground pork (80% lean, 20% fat)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium size shallot minced
- 1 tsp dry red chili pepper flakes
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ¾ cup chopped cilantro leaves + stems
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
Tomato Harissa Sauce:
- 1 oz can diced tomato 14.5 oz, no salt added
- 2 tbsp Mina’s Harissa in mild flavor
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 bay leaf dry
- 2 large size zucchinis using a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- fresh basil leaves decoration, final touch
Mix all ingredients under “meatballs”. Form about 20 meatballs. Pan seared them until the surface is golden brown.
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add ingredients under “tomato harissa sauce”. Bring to a slight boil then simmer with a lid.
Add meatballs to the saucepan and cook until the meatballs are cooked through. Serve with zucchini noodles, fresh thyme and basil leaves.
Mina’s mild harissa
includes red chili pepper, red bell pepper, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar and salt.
Serving: 431g | Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 13.3g | Saturated Fat: 3.1g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 700mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 24% | Vitamin C: 102% | Calcium: 10% | Iron: 17%