Paleo Sautéed Lacinato Kale Recipe (Whole30, Keto)
Delicious Paleo sauteed lacinato kale recipe, stir-fried with garlic and olive oil. It’s easy, nutritious, and makes the best side dish for low carb healthy living!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 10 oz. Lacinato kale stems removed and dice to 1-inch pieces (see notes)
- 0.4 oz. cloves garlic finely minced (about 2 large cloves)
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- ¼ tsp coarse sea salt or to taste
- ½ tbsp vegetable or chicken stock
Rinse and wash the lacinato kale thoughtfully. Pat dry. Lay a kale leaf on a cutting board and run a paring knife along each side of the center stem. Repeat until all the stems have been removed. Stack 4-5 layers of kale leaves and roll them up to slice into 1-inch pieces. You want to keep the kale leaves with as little water as possible so use a salad spinner, if necessary.
Mince garlic and set aside ready to use.
In a well-heated large stainless steel or cast iron skillet, lower the heat to medium. Add 1 tbsp oil and saute garlic with a pinch of salt for 3-5 seconds.
Add kale leaves and 1 extra tbsp olive oil. Toss and saute for 2 to 3 minutes further. Cover with a lid and cook for 1 minute.
Open the lid, season with salt and stock. Saute for 30 seconds. Off heat, serve warm or in room temperature.
- Trader Joe’s has pre-washed and chopped lacinato kale. The bag comes with not only lacinato leaves but also some stems so they will be more chewy and fibrous but it’s a good solution if you are in a hurry.
- Can’t find lacinato kale? Try curly kales. :)
- Want extra spice kick? Add a small pinch of dry red pepper flakes with minced garlic to fragrant the oil.
- Prefer sautéed kale with a softer texture? Cook it longer and use 1 tbsp stock.
- Prefer raw kale salad? Check out my Paleo triple green lacinato kale salad.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 359mg | Fiber: 1.1g | Vitamin A: 7080IU | Vitamin C: 86mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 1.1mg