Paleo Kimchi Beef Stir-Fry (Whole30, Keto)
Easy and flavorful Paleo kimchi beef stir-fry with shaved beef steak and sweet napa cabbage kimchi sauce. This beef kimchi stir-fry is nutritious, low carb, and with minimal ingredients ready in 20 minutes!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 16 oz. Paleo napa cabbage kimchi
- ½ to ⅔ lb shaved beef a mixed of rib and round beef (See notes)
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 0.5 oz. garlic finely minced (about 2 large cloves)
- 3 bulbs scallions sliced diagonally, separate white and green parts
- 1 tsp plus extra toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp kimchi juice or to taste
- Coarse sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds optional
Gather a medium-size bowl and sieve. Drain the kimchi through the sieve with a bowl underneath to catch the kimchi juice. Use a back of spoon to gently press it and remove as much cabbage liquid content as you can. Set the kimchi juice aside. Do not discard it.
In the meantime, use your hands to roughly separate the shaved beef steak as much as you can so they won’t clump in the skillet. Prepare garlic and scallions.
In a well-heated large cast iron or stainless steel skillet, add oil. Pan fry/saute kimchi for 1 minute over medium-high heat, add garlic and white scallion parts, saute for 30 seconds.
Add shaved beef and try to spread it over the skillet. Add 1 tsp toasted sesame oil and fry the beef until it’s no longer pink, about 1 to 1.5 minutes. Add kimchi juice from the bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Off heat, garnish with green scallion parts, toasted sesame oil, and sesame seeds, if using. Serve hot or in room temperature.
- I use Trader Joe’s shaved beef steak for this recipe. You can also use ground beef.
- If use ground beef, dice the kimchi to smaller bite sizes (after drained).
- For store bought kimchi, try Wildbrine Napa cabbage kimchi (Whole30) or Gluten-free Country Style sliced Napa cabbage kimchi (without the oysters), usually found in local H-Mart.
- Pairing suggestions: Romaine lettuce (Paleo, Keto, Whole30, low carb) or steamed white rice (gluten-free).
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 28mg | Vitamin C: 2.2mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.1mg