Paleo Meal Prep Gyoza Meatballs (Keto, Whole30)
Paleo Meal Prep Gyoza Meatballs with juicy chicken loads of fresh vegetables. These meatballs are freezer friendly and perfect for healthy low carb and high protein meal prep on the go! Makes about 18 meatballs at 1.5 oz. each)
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 people
Gyoza meatballs (makes about 18 meatballs at 1.5 oz. each)
- ½ lb. shrimp peeled and deveined (see notes if can’t have shellfish)
- 1.2 oz. dried shiitake (rehydrated) or 4 oz. fresh shiitake
- 3-4 bulbs scallions finely chopped
- 2.5 oz. shallots finely chopped
- ½ cup bamboo shoots minced
- ½ lb. ground chicken turkey, or pork
- 1 egg white lightly whisked or 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
Preheat oven to 400F.
In a bowl combine shrimp with ½ tsp salt and 1 ¼ cup water. Stir well and set it aside for 5-10 minutes. This will remove the slimy texture and keep it crunchy. Dump the water and rinse the shrimp a few times then finely mince them.
In the meantime, finely chop shiitake, scallions, shallots, and bamboo shoots, if using.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients from shrimp to arrowroot starch. Stir the mixture in 1 direction for about 2 minutes until the mixture becomes a bit sticky.
Line a large sheet pan with parchment. Lightly grease your palm with olive oil. This will help the meat less sticky to your hands. Form about 18 meatballs that weight around 1.5 oz. per meatball.
To bake from fresh, Bake at 400F for 20 minutes total. Flip the meatballs after 15 minutes.
To assemble: Divide cauliflower rice, blanched snow peas, carrots into 4 equal size meal prep containers with 4-5 cooked meatballs to each container. Pack dressing on the side. Drizzle before serving.
- Use 1 lb. ground meat if allergic to shellfish.
- You can freeze the raw meatballs up to 2 months. From raw & frozen, bake at 400F for 25-30 minutes total. Flip the meatballs after 20 minutes.
- Assembled meal prep boxes storage: Store the boxes in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for 2 months. To reheat from frozen, saute the rice and vegetables over stovetop. Bake the frozen but cooked meatballs at 400F for 20 minutes. Flip after 15 minutes.
- The nutritional label is for one serving with 4-5 meatballs and without dressing and side toppings.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 191mg | Sodium: 809mg | Potassium: 583mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 5.9mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 2.2mg