I’m picturing a dark and moody but sexy red Valentine’s day recipe for this year.
Maybe because it’s dark and cold in New York but a deep red wine color is the theme I’m aiming for this Valentine’s day.
Think dark red lipstick.
Think deep red color rosy petals.
And if you are still into vampire shows, I’ve got a healthy dessert for you. 🙂
I use this little heart shaped mold to make cute little hearts. I intentionally took honey out of the recipe because I want to experiment a recipe for the Whole30 folks.
The result is more citrusy and refreshing without the sugar.
However, if you are not on a strict diet, feel free to add a teaspoon of honey to the recipe below.
I also recommend to make these hearts a day before and store them in the fridge overnight.
They are super simple to make and I guarantee your loved ones will appreciate this healthy and sexy Valentine’s day recipe.
- 3 small red color beet roots buy pre-cooked and ready to use ones
- Juice of ½ to ¾ fresh lime
- 1 tbsp Great Lake gelatin powder
- 1 tsp no sugar added pure tomato paste
- 6 tbsp water
- Blend and puree the beet roots in a food processor or blender until smooth
- Pour the beet root puree into a small sauce pan and add 6 tbsp water + 1 tsp tomato paste
- Heat up the mixture over medium low heat until it’s warm to the touch. Use a wooden spoon to stir the mixture (about 3 mins).
- Turn off the heat and slowly and gradually add the gelatin powder into warm mixture.
- Whisk and make sure it’s completely dissolved with no clumps
- Add in lime juice
- Whisk again until all ingredients are dissolved
- Use a small teaspoon to add the mixture to the molds. Set aside until it’s cooled
- Put in the fridge for at least 1 hr. until it’s firmed up (best overnight)