Purple Yam Latte – Healthy Breakfast Smoothie (Paleo,Whole30)
Paleo Purple Yam Latte – a healthy and creamy rich Paleo latte.
I’m so in love with this breakfast smoothie recipe – Purple Yam Latte.
The color is simply gorgeous and the texture is creamy and rich.
The traditional purple yam latte uses milk and sweetened condensed milk. To make it Paleo and Whole30 compliant, I altered it to a much healthier version without making it overwhelmingly sweet.
The trick is to select very fresh purple yams – just as you usually select fresh potatoes or sweet potatoes. The skin of the yam should be smooth, not dry, and with even coloration so it has higher moisture content. Avoid yams with any signs of decay.
I use full-fat coconut milk from a can to give this simple Purple Yam Latte a rich and creamy taste. If you prefer a thinner smoothie, use light coconut milk or add more ice cubs to make it icy and refreshing!
You can sprinkle some sliced almonds and eat it with a spoon or pour it into a jar and enjoy it with a straw while commuting.
Be sure to check out my YouTube demo below for more info and subscribe to my channel ![embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0DAHQa6Zxo[/embedyt]
Paleo Purple Yam Latte - Healthy Breakfast Smoothie (Paleo, Whole30)
- 1 cup purple yam, diced
- 14 oz. full-fat coconut milk
- ⅔ cup unsweetened coconut milk from a carton*
- 2 large ice cubes
- Sliced almonds, optional
- Wash the purple yam and peel the skin.
- Dice into smaller chunks and steam until the yam is soft in the center and you can pierce them with a thin skewer in the thickest part. OR Place them in a microwave safe container, sprinkle a little water, and microwave on high for 2 minutes per side (4 mins total).
- Once the yam is slightly cool, add to a blender with the rest of ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Serve with sliced almonds (optional) or drink it from a smoothie cup for a perfect breakfast on-the-go!