Minced Basil Skirt Steak With Paleo Tortilla.
I’m so excited to share this week’s new recipe with you – minced basil skirt steak with Paleo tortilla! I literally made this dish in under 30 – maybe even under 20 – minutes from start to finish.
I immediately file this Minced basil skirt steak dish under the easy weeknight meal category. If you are into meal prep, this dish will instantly add variety to your diet.
In the video, I share how to use a few simple ingredients that you might already have at home to make this minced basil skirt steak insanely delicious.
I also talk about two major types of seasonings that every Paleo home cook should have, that will satisfy your inner foodie . And of course, they are all sugar-free and Paleo compliant.
If you are new to my site, subscribe below to get my free 3-part Paleo quick-start guide complete with a 6-day Asian-inspired Paleo meal plan that will help you get more fit and lose weight starting today!
- ¾ lb skirt steak
- 2 red chili peppers seeded and minced
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ lb french petite green beans diced to smaller bite-size
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 tbsp fresh lime zest
- Handful of fresh basil
- 2 tbsp coconut oil for pan-fry the beef
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp red boat fish sauce
- Slice the beef against the grain to about 3 equal parts. Mince the beef until fine with a little bit of sea salt.
- Prepare red chili peppers (seeded), garlic cloves, green beans, shallot, and lime zest. Mince them finely and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp coconut oil in a wok or large saute pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add garlic and red chili pepper. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt. Keep stirring the garlic and chili pepper with a wooden spoon for about 5-10 seconds total.
- Add minced beef. Keep stir-frying the ingredients for another 30 seconds.
- Add shallots, lime zest, and the stir-fry sauce. Stir-fry for another 10 seconds.
- Add diced green beans. Stir-fry for another 5 seconds.
- Stir-in basil right before turning off of the heat.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp melted ghee or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- Mix wet and dry ingredients. Mix well until no lumps.
- Heat 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. When hot, gently pour ⅓ cup of mixture into the saute pan, give it a gentle swirl. When the edge is firm up (about less than a minute), flip and cook the other side.
- Note: the second tortilla crepe always look better than the first one so don’t give up if your first tortilla doesn’t look perfectly round !
- Serve hot or enjoy them in room temperature.