Paleo Honey Cajun Chicken with crispy kale salad !
I am in love with the Cajun seasoning !
How come no one ever told me Cajun chicken is so addictive and so good ??
If it’s difficult to find the cajun spice in your local grocery stores, here’s a quick way to make your own Cajun seasoning mix.
– 3/4 tbsp paprika
– 3/4 tsp onion salt
– 3/4 tsp garlic powder
– 1/4 tsp black pepper
– 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
– 1/4 tsp white pepper
– 1/4 tsp cumin
– 1/4 tsp thyme
– 1/8 tsp oregano
I call this dish the busy life-saver recipe because you can bake the ingredients in three separate trays and assemble them however and whenever you like.
Crunchy garlicky kale chips with sweet & spicy chicken and buttery soft zucchinis …..Hmm…..I’ll be sure to make this more often !!!
Should we start ?
Paleo Honey Cajun Chicken with Baked Crunchy Kale Salad. Perfect everyday homemade paleo meal. For a faster cooking time - Bake chicken, kale, and squash in separate baking trays in the oven at the same time.
- 1 lb chicken breast skinless
- ½ lb kale leaves
- 2 medium zucchini squash sliced to smaller chunks
- 2 medium yellow squash sliced to smaller chunks
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- Half one whole lime juice before serving
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Sea salt & Black pepper to taste
- Garlic powder
- Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours if not overnight.
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Bake first side for 20-25 minutes then turn the heat down to 380F and bake the other side for another 15 minutes.
Turn the oven to boil on high for an additional 3 minutes to give a nice color touch. Check to make sure the chicken is completely cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Season the squash with olive oil, sea salt and black pepper, and garlic powder. Bake at 400F for about 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Spread the kale leaves evenly on a flat baking tray and season with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Be careful not to add too much oil or the leaves will soak in oil and won’t get crispy.
- Bake at 400F for about 8-10 minutes.
Slice the chicken breast. Combine chicken, squash, crispy kale, and a touch of lime juice.