Crustless Avocado Coconut Egg Tart
Paleo Crustless Avocado Coconut Egg Tart.
I was so inspired by the Lemon Fried Avocado Recipe from the paleo magazine and had to try it this past weekend.
I selected avocados that are not too ripe and still firm to the texture. While I was contemplating the recipe a night before, for some reason, I decided to make pan fried crustless avocado coconut egg tart!
This Avocado Coconut Egg Tart recipe is perfect for brunch, breakfast, or even lunch!
The same cooking process will work well for avocado fries. Give it a try and I guarantee you and your family are going to love it !
Paleo Crustless Avocado Coconut Egg Tart
Avocado Coconut Tart:
- 1 avocado, not too ripe. still firm to the texture. Dice into small chunks
- 2 tsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp great lake gelatin powder
- 1 whisked egg, season with salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- Shredded Coconut flakes
- Olive or Coconut oil for pan-frying
- 2 poached eggs
- Strawberry, sliced
- Blu-berry, optional
- Salt, pepper, dry dill weed, pepper, dry dill weed
- leaves Mint, optional
To make avocado coconut tart:
- Combine ingredients under "avocado coconut tart". Mash the ingredients using either a fork or a potato masher until smooth. No large chunks.
- Form a small and firm golf size ball and dip the mashed avocado into Step 1) coconut flour, Step 2) quick and lightly dip into the egg mixer. Drip off excess, and then c) coconut flakes.
- Use a tart ring (about 3 1/2 inch) and press the avocado evenly into a tart pan to form a round tart shape. (make sure the surface is smooth.)
- Heat 2 tbsp evoo or coconut oil in a non-stick saute pan. When hot, turn the heat down to medium. Carefully remove the avocado from the tart ring and pan sear the first side until you see a golden brown crust. Carefully tip the tart using a spatula to sear the other side. (around 2 - 2 1/2 minutes per side)
- Layer strawberry slices and place poached egg on top.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, dry dill weed, and mint.