Creamy Coconut Milk Meatballs (Paleo, Whole30)
Paleo Keto and Whole30 Creamy Coconut Milk Meatballs, packed with fresh herbs and oven baked in dairy-free coconut milk cream sauce. These creamy meatballs are absolutely delicious and very versatile. Don’t miss this simple and very good for you recipe!
I love experimenting with food. Adding different seasonings to make flavor pop, switching exotic ingredients to something everyone can buy, or trying out shortcuts to make food more delicious and simpler to make. These Creamy coconut milk meatballs combine western and eastern influence. My mom probably will say these creamy coconut milk meatballs are an westernized dish but I’d say it’s an interpretation of my life, experience, and culture, living across two different continents of the world.
How to make oven baked Paleo Meatballs creamy delicious:
To make dairy-free and gluten-free Creamy Coconut Milk Meatballs you’ll need –
- Fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro and shallots,
- Carrots for natural sweetness,
- Coconut milk cream for moisture,
- and seasonings such as coconut aminos for extra flavor
Whole30’s favorite – Creamy Coconut Milk Meatballs
I quickly blend the fresh herbs (basil, shallots, parsley or cilantro) in a mini food-processor with finely chopped carrots for color and flavor. The same spice blend works well for any ground meat of your choice. I have made this recipes numerous times using either ground lamb, pork, turkey, chicken or even a combination. They all turn out creamy soft delicious. No wonder Whole30 co-founder Ms. Melissa Hartwig picked this Creamy Coconut Milk Meatballs as one of her favorite recipes !
Oven Roasted Paleo Keto Whole30 Creamy Meatballs
While the meatballs are roasting in the oven, reduce and simmer the coconut milk cream with spice seasonings to make a creamy luscious sauce. Gently coat the sauce over the meatballs once they are out of the oven. Enjoy it hot or slightly room chilled in room temperature. They are absolutely out of this world yum !
To make ahead, simply baked the meatballs and make the sauce ahead of time. Pack the meatballs separately from the sauce. When you are ready, thin the sauce a bit with more dairy-free milk and simmer the meatballs in the sauce for a few minutes until they are back to soft, tender, and juicy.
These Creamy Coconut Milk Meatballs are –
Soft, tender, juicy
Great for make ahead
Paleo Whole30 Keto friendly
& Absolutely creamy delicious !
If you give this Creamy Coconut Milk Meatballs recipe a try, let me know ! Leave a comment and rate the recipe. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #IHeartUmami on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with. XOXO !
Creamy Coconut Milk Meatballs
- 2 lbs ground chicken, (50 % breast, 50% thigh) or turkey, lamb, pork, beef
- Lime juice
- Cilantro for garnish
- Bend the first 5 ingredients listed under "meatball seasonings" in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the rest of meatball seasonings and blend well.
- Pre-heat oven to 410/420 F. LIne a non-stick aluminum foil over a large sheet pan. Mix ground meat with the seasonings from Step 1. Mix well and form golf ball size meatballs (about 20 meatballs). Bake first side 20 minutes and flip side 15 minutes or until the meatballs are completely cooked through.
- In the meantime, mix ingredients under “sauce”. Slow simmer over medium-low heat. Keep stirring the sauce until everything is combined and reduced to a thicker sauce (similar to tomato soup texture). Taste and see if more salt, tomato paste, or red curry paste is needed. * keep stirring the sauce to prevent it from burning in the bottom.
- Once the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce is thickened, add the meatballs back to the sauce. Simmer for another 3 minutes. Coat the sauce over meatballs. Drizzle with lime juice and garnish with cilantro leaves before serving.
Previous Photos and Video for good memory !