Can I assume that if you land on my blog and are reading this particular post that means you and I share a mutual love for curry stew ??
Regardless of whether you’re single, mom of 4+, or member of a couple, I think most of us appreciate the opportunity to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with friends, family, kids, or significant others.
And this is the dish that, in real life, helps me achieve just that.
Today I’d like to share another recipe that’s easy to make, mild-yet-flavorful, and which will appeal to those who do not like highly spiced food.
The best part? It’s easy to make in a batch and your entire family can enjoy it while you spend your time on your fitness goals!
No crock pot, no pressure cooker, no other fancy tools required.
What are you waiting for ?
- 1 ½ lbs skinless chicken, sliced into smaller cubes (breasts, thigh, or combination)
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups carrots, cubed
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 stalks lemongrass, cut into small pieces (outer layers discarded, use inner part only).
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk from a can (unsweetened)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place the chicken pieces in the Marinade and mix until well coated. Marinate for at least 1 hour (if not overnight).
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large soup pot over high heat and stir-fry the garlic and onion until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add bay leaves and lemongrass and stir-fry for an additional minute.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces and stir-fry until the color changes (about 3 mins), then add carrots and water, and bring the pot to a boil. Close the lid and stir the pot occasionally. (about 15 mins).
- Add sweet potato cubes and coconut milk, mix well, and simmer uncovered for 10 to 15 mins to reduce the liquid.
- Enjoy !